Hopson Signs with Greek Team

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by cotton, Sep 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Probably reported elsewhere, but local paper saying Scotty will be playing with Kolossos Rhodes in Greece's A-1 league after signing a 1 year deal.

Anybody know anything about Greece's 1-A league?

2. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

They make pretty good Gyros?

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Solid.

As for the league, I can only assume that they enjoy wastes of talent who loaf and whine their way through bball games.

4. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Is that where Calathes signed? (the league, dunno about the team)

5. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Yup, plays for the Panathinaikos, as if anyone cares lol. He has even been playing international ball with the Greeks for the past few seasons

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Calathes was born during a Greek league game, to Adonis and Hera.

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

One of the top 3 foreign leagues in the world. It was, in my opinion, the best 15 years ago. I believe Spain and Italy are now better.

8. cotton

Thanks. Any guess on the chances that good performance will lead a path to NBA if they ever stop locking out?

9. hatvol96

If he plays well in that league, he'll definitely get a look from the NBA.

10. cotton

I still think a guy with his ability should be able to find a roster spot somewhere, but he seems dead set on doing just about everything he can wrong.

On another note, Victor just left for China. He signed a month-long contract while he's trying to figure out what he wants to do.

11. hatvol96

He, CJ Black, and Brandon Wharton all lost NBA careers when KO couldn't take Dickey's foolishness anymore. An aggressive coach would have gotten all three of those guys at least a short stint at the highest level.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He is one hard-headed, non-listening bastard. It has to be why Pearl appealed to him so much. Pearl didn't give a rat's ass if he listened.

13. hatvol96

I was talking to the opposing coach about Hopson after one of UT's games last year and asked him how he thought Hopson would have done playing for, say, Huggs or Larry Eustachy. The coach laughed for a full two minutes at the thought of that.