Star bumpage

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Aug 31, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

If anyone really cares:

QB Nathan Peterman and LB Otha Peters both received another star, bring them to the 4 star level.

There is some gnashing of teeth in some corners of Voldom about Dalton "Roadhouse" Santos NOT receiving a bump in stars. One poster on Volnation said he heard it was due to weight concerns. Take it for whatever you'd like.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

rofl

like some puke at rivals is monitoring the guys diet plan.

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Apparently the guy was quoted saying as much. I dunno, I don't care. Roadhouse is gonna be a head buster.

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Yeah, the rivals analyst said he weighed in at 260 at an A&M event. They think he'll grow into a DE, and apparently they don't like him as much at that position. 260 isn't a problem, butmuchmore weight would begin to limit his effectiveness at MLB. However, pretty much everyone sees him as a run stopping MLB - we're not dropping him back in a Tampa 2.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's a two down LB. A very good two down LB but still, a run stopper that lacks elite coverage skills.

He isn't going to be ranked as high as the athletic freaks that can cover like a safety and tackle like Ray Lewis. That doesn't mean he's bad but it is what it is.

6. chavisut

I really have a hard time believing 260.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Me too.

If he's already 260 he's the next Brian Urlacher

8. chavisut

A few other kids got bumped and he moved down the position ratings. The rivals hates us crowd will love that.

9. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Supposedly Santos will be reevaluated next week, so it's possible he gets a bump then.

10. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I guess they decided Alden Hill didn't deserve a bump. I don't know why they'd say he would get one then not bump him.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just remember the first thing about message board chatter, star rankings, and player evaluations for sites that make their money off of fans: it's all bullshit, anyway.

12. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Since Dooley arrived the lack of stars for players means they are high character and actually better players than 4 and 5 stars.

per TOOS

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

do you really think he hasn't done a pretty damn good job recruiting? Forget the stars and look at the players. This last class was stout and it appears that the next group will be too.

14. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I was summing up toos. I think he's done a fantastic job given the situation.

15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I don't mind when they go on about character and things like that when UT gets a lower rated player.

I just get annoyed when the same people change their stance when we get a higher rated recruit.

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I think the 2010 class is pretty damn good, too. It's not as well rounded as we would like, but a lot of those guys are contributing.

17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

JUCO rankings came out. JUCO DT commit Jacobs is now a 4 star.

18. chavisut

We could end up with a pretty impressive JUCO haul this year.

19. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Agreed. I'd be happy with more more DT and Autry.

20. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

Sentimore is on his official visit right now