POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Texas' law and those copying it is applicable to abortions outside of the state.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Settled law has never been overturned?

3. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Holy shit.

So what is the rich Texas guy with a pregnant mistress supposed to do? Nevermind, it is the mistress who is the "criminal".

NorrisAlan likes this.
  4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

How does that fly with the whole "jurisdiction" thing

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

As a business owner, it doesn't make good sense to refuse service to male couples. They have lots of income.

gcbvol likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's the ability to sue under civil law. If they reside or are in Texas, you can sue them. Doesn't matter where the abortion allegedly happen. Or even if it did happen. Much like this Alito ruling, it completely departs from precedent.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Never understood why people would refuse service to people based on race, religion, sexual preference...etc. It's about making money and treating people right.

gcbvol and justingroves like this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

That kind of hate just isn't logical.

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Biden taking a victory lap for cutting the deficit now that the COVID relief programs are off the books is very politik.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, very lame. I'd respect him more if he was just honest that it was because those programs ended and the infrastructure bill didn't pass. Deficit cut for the first time in 6 years is good enough without pretending like it was the plan.

justingroves likes this.
  11. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

People get blind to belief, man.

gcbvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

So I just saw a video of Madison Cawthorn (allegedly) and I have questions

gcbvol likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Kigali amendment to the Montreal protocol has made it out of committee with bipartisan support.

This further restricts cfc's for cooling and refrigeration to alternatives with less global warming potential. It is getting through because US companies hold the patents on the alternative substances. There are no losers. This is actually significantly helpful in averting the worst-case scenarios, though in itself it does not get us on a sustainable path.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's just politicians

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

@gcbvol Have you heard of Andrew Sullivan and, if so, what are your thoughts on him?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Apparently a chair in the video (haven't watched) has only been out a year?

Did... he go to the orgy he complained about being invited to?

17. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I know of him, but am not a big follower. I know he's a gay conservative who was a big proponent for same-sex marriage. On that point we are aligned. However, I'm pretty sure he also believes in innate racial intelligence limits so not someone I'm interested in following. I'm sure we're aligned in a few areas, but some things are personal deal-breakers.

Did he say something compelling?

18. gcbvol

I feel bad for him in this whole destruction campaign. Even if we disagree mightily on politics, this personal stuff is just icky.

I feel even worse because it appears he has a tailed buttplug in place. Probably isn't, but there's something furry looking in that crack.

19. gcbvol

And before anyone says anything I am not a buttplug aficionado, but I am fairly worldly.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is pretty wild on the part of whoever is hounding him. They need to get a life or channel this energy into something more useful than a person's private life