NFL Potential

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tvolsfan, Sep 1, 2011.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

How many players on this team do you guys think have a good shot at making it to the next level?

There are certainly some guys who I would think at least have a shot, but I have a hard time predicting how the younger guys will pan out.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Jacques Smith, Bray, Antonio Richardson certainly has the physical part, Da'Rick, Hunter (if focuses solely on football), Stone and maybe Fulton.

I don't know a lot about the freshmen, but Maggit is an athletic freak and Coleman has great awareness and instincts

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

No JuWan James or Brent Brewer?

4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Yes on both. Brewer hasn't done anything to warrant all the leave early talk though.

5. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I agree with that.

6. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

I'm guessing Malik Jackson will get a roster spot somewhere in the NFL, but I'm struggling to think of any other upper classman that might. Granted, there aren't that many of them to even choose from.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Cody Pope - Pro Bowler

8. egotistical

egotistical New Member

Someone would break his face in the locker room before he got a chance to see the field.

9. chavisut

Malik Jackson, Taureen Poole, and Austin Johnson are the only seniors that have a shot of being drafted or picked up as an UFA. IMO

10. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Other Srs:
    Vareen
    Simms
    Rhome
    Evans
    Reveiz
    Anderson
    Storey
    Guess
    Martin

Not exactly a dominant graduating class.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Simms will get an invite to a camp on name alone.

Poole could end up hanging around the NFL for a few years.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes on both

13. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

From the one's who played last year:

Bray
    D Rogers
    J Hunter
    Fugate
    Stone
    Fulton
    James
    J Smith
    M Jackson
    Brewer

All of these guys should make teams IMO

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Fugate's a tough one for me to see.

15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

If you guys are right about those names, our offensive line would be abusing people in 2012. If they live up to the hype, the offense should dominate.

16. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

He's very versatile for a FB. I expect him to have a huge season for us as far as FB's go.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Fullbacks are a dying breed in the NFL though. About as tough to break in now as a FB as it is a kicker/punter. Basically no need for more than 1 per team.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Unless Rex Ryan is your coach.

He keeps two on the roster

19. chavisut

I think he's going to be a hell of a fullback for us the next three years. Not sure about NFL potential just because of the position. I imagine he will at least get a look if he works out like I hope.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He hasn't shown his true potential just yet. That'll come when the OL gets better and lets him make some badass second level blocks. Also, with his skills as a ball carrier and receiver, he could find a home. I don't see him getting drafted high or anything, but he could make it. Kind of reminds me of Madison Hedgecock. He was a good one for the Heels.