Tennessee/Florida

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Sep 10, 2023.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'll say one more thing about Joe and I'll stop

Remember the drastic change in what the offense looked like when Bray finally got in back in 2010? What the offense looked like once Dobbs got the ball in 13 and again in 14?

I want Joe to figure it and have a Crompton like senior year, I just don’t see it because he can barely get the play called, much less executed.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He'll get the first half, barring injury

3. VanJake

VanJake Joe Milton Fan Club President

I want Nico to have a couple of games under his belt before Alabama.

4. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Dobbs was not good in 2013.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

First thing that stood out on the few plays I saw Nico was his movement in the pocket. It was pre-emptive and intentional. You could tell he felt what was going on around him. That, alone, has me excited about him. I feel like even our good QB's (Dobbs, Hooker, etc.) have really struggled with their feel for pressure in the pocket.

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Putting nico in behind Ollie or Dayne m isn’t a good decision right now against competition.

7. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

The thing I’m worried about with Nico is that most of the fans who want him in right now think he is going to run the offense exactly like Hooker did the instant he goes in. And they’ll send him to Guarantano Bay like they’ve done to Joe when it doesn’t happen.

gcbvol, DC Vol, Tar Volon and 5 others like this.
  8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yup.

The Dooz likes this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Fans are dumbasses, you can't help that.

I have no ill will towards Joe, he just can't do it consistently.

A-Smith and BigOrangeBeech like this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He was better than Worley and Peterman, he played with a broke hand against Kentucky

A-Smith and BigOrangeBeech like this.
  11. VanJake

VanJake Joe Milton Fan Club President

What did Johnny Manzel have in front of him when he started for Texas A&M as a freshman?

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Mike Evans

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He also had a redshirt year behind him.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not to put too fine of a point on it, but this may have been the game. Make them either have to grind for it or hold them, and you don't have the pressure on the offense and Florida doesn't have the building confidence. This is about as bad of defensive effort as I have ever seen. Just not checked in.

warhammer likes this.
  15. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

That's brutal.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Guys trying to lose on purpose don't look that bad. I love how he pulled back like he'd bumped into an elderly person in the grocery store. Even though the clip doesn't show it, I also like how he runs behind him for a bit before doing a front flip and making zero attempt to trip up the RB.

I'd rather play with 10 guys on defense every play than Hadden ever get another snap in orange.

justingroves likes this.
  17. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Who was the joker that fell for the pump fake when their QB was around 5 yards past the stick?

This is partially on the players, but I can't really blame them too much for not progressing much under Martinez... who is universally reviled in Athens and Auburn.

NorrisAlan and justingroves like this.
  18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Earlier in the game it was 3rd and long. Hadden was standing near the sideline with his head on a swivel swinging side to side searching for a receiver. The ball is thrown and caught for a first down by a receiver standing right next to him.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I believe it was Turnage

VolDad and Ssmiff like this.
  20. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

And the sad thing is... this is apparently exactly who he was at Auburn.

I get fairly frequent PMs from my Auburn buddies basically making fun of us for not only getting Hadden, who you could argue has singularly lost us several games, but also for employing Martinez who they wouldn't even keep past 1 year he was so bad.