Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

You have to say Sanders is the coach of the year in September and that he is being woefully disrespected and underestimated. It doesn't matter that these things are in contradiction. Anyone who denies CU's IMMENSE accomplishments this season are just haters.

Ya, [uck fay] that.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

3. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Just lying at this point

4. NashVol11

Lots of schools have proximity. The biggest difference is the top-tier facilities, 100K seat stadium, rabid fanbase, and gigantic budget, none of which Deion has.
    "That" is quite a lot to overcome, especially with a transfer class where most players aren't very good. Their 50 transfers just barely edged out LSU's 14 in a cumulative ranking.

5. NashVol11

Who said this? People keep quoting me and saying dumb **** like Heupel inherited worse than a 1-11 program that hasn't been good since Kordell Stewart, and if I respond at all I'm worshipping Deion too much

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is the fourth most desirable city in America: https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/2023/05/17/best-places-to-live-in-us-rank/70227006007/ .

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

You can't handle anyone saying something not glowing about him. You can't.

8. NashVol11

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Their best recruit in the last 5 years? Did they not dismiss 2/3's of the team and bring in over 50 transfers and recruits? What does it matter? It's a new team.

10. NashVol11

I guess I don't understand the response that Boulder is a beautiful city (which I'm not disputing) in response to Tennessee's better facilities, better fanbase and better budget, when the city itself clearly isn't attracting very good players under other coaches

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

You have trouble processing multiple things at the same time, while focused only on 1-11, 1-11, 1-11 to insist taking over a 3 win team under major violations and inability to bring in 70 players thru the portal isn’t more challenging.
    It’s not a dumb stance. It’s dumb not to be able to understand because you have your head so far up Deions ass.

12. NashVol11

Okay. Even IP went with a "they were both bad" in lieu of supporting that stance, but I'm emotional and dumb haha

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Boulder is not a hard sell. That a string of coaches sucked there doesn't mean it is not a super desirable place to be. If you've been, you know what I mean.

https://www.usnews.com/dims4/USNEWS...1e45fe47d6a961289c63/CUBouder_Campuslife1.JPG

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

There is something ironic about hearing the same things people said about the Vols when we were down being said about Boulder. Both programs have won championships.

15. NashVol11

UCLA is in a beautiful and desirable place too, if a bunch of coaches in a row suck at recruiting to Boulder then it generally isn't that simple

16. NashVol11

Colorado has one (1) winning season since 2005

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let me help: The Vols were in a worse position because they could not bring in more than 25 people in a class at that time. Don't mistake me trying to find common ground with [ussy pay]-footing. "Even IP went with" blah blah. [uck fay] off.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

How many on Colorado's team have seen snowfall before?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't say it was simple. Nothing about college football program building is simple. I'm pointing out that this isn't a shitty directional school. It is a state flagship of one of the most desirable states and desirable cities. Facts. It was and is a sleeping giant of the West.

UCLA is a good comparison. You are a prisoner of the moment. Maybe you are just super young. I saw Kordell Stewart play. It isn't like we are talking about single wing football.

20. NashVol11

They brought in 27 freshmen + transfers that very season, including a large number of immediate eligibility post-April transfers, and several schools brought in even more. Tennessee didn't have 25 freshmen but neither did Colorado