POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

I want to be idyllic towards Kate and William after the whole Charles/Diana thing.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

My wife is convinced the affair thing is 100% true. I struggle to see that one, for reasons I mentioned earlier- what he saw his mom go through.

A hysterectomy seems like the most widely accepted reason or rumor for the scheduled abdominal surgery. Have not seen the Chrone’s speculation. Does she have a known diagnosis for that or just another rumor? It would make sense.

3. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

All I've seen is rumor/speculation even so far as her having to get a Colonoscopy bag.

The Dooz likes this.
  4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I remember watching The Crown and generally despising the whole crew, even with them trying to be sympathetic towards a number of them. There were a few scenes in particular which galled me, most of which involved Margaret. She would whine all the time, but I noted one of the scenes where she [itch bay]ed about being stuck in her role, how she could leave the life, and the struggles of being #2 to her sister for a symbolic crown, then talking condescendingly to some Caribbean servant in her vacation house. Her pretentiousness and lack of self-awareness was astounding. It was, like, look [itch bay], just leave the gig and live with one of your richy admirers. You stay for the perks.

The Dooz likes this.
  5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I like history and I at least find them interesting, from that perspective. Also, my wife is big in to the royal family. I think for her, and a lot of people, there’s a lot of prince and princess fairy tale type stuff at play.

First time we went to London, she had to see all the palaces. I admit it was kinda neat to see places Buckingham, Kensington and Westminster that I’d heard so much about, with my own eyes. Hollyrood was as equally interesting when we were there too. Of course my wife had to hit up all the gift shops for the requisite trinkets and shit.

All that said, if the whole thing ceased to exist at this second, I wouldn’t say I’d miss it.

6. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Probably the number one greatest outcome of the American Revolution is not having to give a shit about these people.

justingroves and IP like this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

"You wanna tax me, mother[uck fay]er?"

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know how much you all know about "crown lands," but imagine if a family claimed to own much of the space on land and all of the sea. Personally. Bunch of bullshit.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo Cuba is on the brink of collapse.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Mark it down, boys. It takes 62 years and 1 month for an embargo of an island nation to come to fruition.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

But will the cigars survive?

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

What does TX think they are doing? What will they do after they arrest them, i.e. build internment camps, charter fights back to Venezuela, Nicaragua, etc?

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I believe they plan to take them over the boarder and drop them off.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Why would Mexico take citizens of Venezuela, Nicaragua, Guatamala, Columbia, etc.? We would not accept Mexico shipping them over the border to us. This seems like it would be against international law.

IP likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

It may be. If we can prove they crossed the southern border, we may be able to put them back. But that would need to be a fed action, not state.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Why did Mexico let them through to the US?

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

The black and white, inch deep understanding of our problems will never result in a solution. This stuff is complicated and big. There isn't a person or single thing to point at and blame.

VolDad likes this.
  19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Because they are a sovereign country who let many, many people over their Southern border and in through their ports and airports. They have no responsibility for them as long as they are not breaking their laws.

I assume the ones who cross our borders illegally are breaking our laws and not theirs.

I would love to see Abbott load some busses and drop citizens from other countries into Mexico. The Mexican Military should get involved as it would seem we would be perpetrating an invasion.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP