[ddiapos]'s Career Hinges On The Next Game...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Sep 30, 2012.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I agree with the OP that Dooley's career hinges on the next game, though. If he loses; he's done. But I don't think the reverse is true. He can beat MsSt and still lose his job.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If he loses, he's fired after South Carolina.

If he wins, he's fired the Monday after the UK game.

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Agree with this. Lose to Miss State -- coming off a bye no less -- and there will be 35,000 Bama fans in Neyland. It will be 08 all over again. A win at Miss State keeps the ship afloat to USC, but doesn't end the intrigue. They'll have to close it out in November for sure.

But I think context matters too. A close loss to Bama will be judged differently than getting woodshedded at home I imagine.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

It won't die, it will just get more and more expensive to reanimate.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A buddy of mine's facebook status:

I thought it was great

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

What if Tennessee upsets South Carolina? I'd rather just fire Dooley with a 3-4 start, in that situation, because otherwise, it's not completely impossible he stumbles onto a 5 game win streak.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Some of my friends would flip their shit if I posted that. I may do it...

8. Chestbump

Chestbump New Member

3 chances

I think he has to beat someone he is not supposed to beat. That can be State, Bama, or SC. He has to beat one of them. Doesn't have to be State, but he has to beat one of the three.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's next to impossible that this team can beat South Carolina after being physically abused by Alabama the week before.

When the D shows the ability to defend a read option I'll have faith in beating a good team on the road.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

MSU doesn't qualify.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm guessing at this point his last shred of hope is to close the season 6-1 and get to Outback Bowl at minimum.

12. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

People on VQ are saying Dave Hart needs to go ahead and give Dooley an extension...

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

We have the dumbest fan base in the entire free world.

14. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

I don't even know how you respond to idiots like that. Several are still predicting a 9-3 or 8-4 season.

15. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

On VN one mentioned 2 year extension. How does one reply to that? Other than,

Dear dumb ass....

16. CardinalVol

I want to print these out and send them to Hart in case he needs a good laugh today.

Dooley is the speaker at the Knoxville QB Club today. Wish I could make it to hear what he has to say.

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

8-4 isn't an indefensibly idiotic prediction. A two-year extension. . . yeah

18. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Hard for me to see this team only losing two more games.

19. CardinalVol

Mizzou is not very good. If they win at state, 8-4 is a distinct possibility. I'd not bet my house on it, but it ispossible.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Neither is Tennessee.

I doubt this team wins at Starkville especially against a team that doesn't beat itself like MSU.