Just to Liven Things Up a Bit...

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Here's some evidence as to why Memphis fans are deserving of every point of mockery they receive. Of all the places I have been, no one revels in their hatred of UT more than Memphis and no one has greater delusions of grandeur than Tiger High folks (notice the "tip of the tongue" comment later in the thread). Stammers, in particular, is of VN quality were he to switch over to the light. Just some good laughs on a slow Tuesday to be had reading this thread.

Austin Nichols to TN...

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see the Jonestown style reaction on that board when they realize what a bad idea joining the Big East with Josh Pastner as their coach is.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I used to go and read that forum for giggles.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

But at least they won't be playing on the obscure stage of the SEC against no-names like Kentucky.

5. Unimane

I can only assume that they will revel in their banners they have locked away in the FedEx Forum basement (as per NCAA requirements). I find it a little more than ironic that they, of all people, would hint at NCAA violations by Martin. Sort of like a hooker mad at her boyfriend for cheating on her.

Pastner reminds me of a hall monitor, desperately trying to control a bunch of kids who only came to Memphis because they realize he will let them do whatever they want.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  6. Unimane

It has surpassed Rupp's Rafters for hilarity, especially with UK's recent run justifying the arrogance from Lexington.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Boy, they really hate Calipari now. They'd be nothing without him.

8. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Wow. I thought our fans were dumb.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why do you think these guys went to Memphis State?

10. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Pastner should be somewhat glad he's getting out of C-USA when he is. He's one more recruiting class by Tim Floyd and Tom Herrion from being in danger of finishing third. They'll make excuses for him getting pounded by Louisville and Georgetown. They wouldn't understand getting topped by UTEP and Marshall.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The formatting of that board gives me a migraine, and that's without even reading the inane stuff they're saying.

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Holy shit the dumb.

13. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I have an old friend who played at Zona and claims that Pastner has tried to bolt a few time already. Once was Oklahoma. Says that he has made it known that if Miller leaves Zona, he wants to be first in line.

14. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Haha...I wanted to post the link to this thread and then I saw this here.

Go back and look at the posts by the poster MuchLuck. It is really comical.......Every post he posts on that board is negative toward UT basketball. Typically has something to do with Jarnell, Hubbs, or Austin not being able to handle the spotlight at Memphis so they chose obscurity at TN.....that Stokes ruined NBA stock by choosing TN, etc. etc.

Also love the link to "recruiting violations" and their obsession with Tony Sarwar steering kids to UT.

15. Unimane

My favorites are the ones about toiling in obscurity in Knoxville. Certainly, everyone knows the basketball world revolves around Memphis tilts against Rice and Southern Miss on ESPNU at 9:30 on a Tuesday in January. No program has a greater delusion of their place in college basketball than does the Tigers. You would think they had 10 Final Fours and 3-4 titles the way they talk.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Doesn't UT still lead the all-time series? If we were that much of a basketball backwater I'd be pretty damn embarrassed by that if I was a Memphis fan.

17. Unimane

Oh, they have a ready made excuse that we didn't play them during their glory years in the 80s and will reference all their tournament success, half of which has been vacated and the rest of which is mostly overrated. It truly is amazing to hear them discuss their role in the annals of college basketball history. I swear they must never leave Shelby County because the Tiger brand doesn't have much more cachet than the UT label, if any, around the country like they think it does.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd argue that Tennessee actually has more brand presence since the Pearl era. I would get strangers asking me about Tennessee basketball from Ketchikan to Montreal down to Salida, CO when they saw me wearing UT apparel during basketball season.

19. Unimane

Nonsense. I know for a fact that Robert Sallie is a household name in Saskatchewan.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

People not from the Mid-South probably only know Memphis as "the place Calipari left"