To address the "Baylor" situation:

Discussion in 'Sports' started by TXA&M07, Sep 8, 2011.

1. TXA&M07

TXA&M07 New Member

Its been said that part of Baylor and Ken Starr's motivation behind their recent actions is to "preserve the long time, traditional rivalries within the state of Texas". Soooooo, its a really important issue to them to continue playing the remaining schools that are in the state of Texas.

Lets research that "storied rivalry" and see how well things have turned out. We'll just go back 15 years for our sample. Just far enough back to the old SWC days mmmmk?

Here's the facts.

2-22-1 -- Baylor's record against us in the past 25 years
    0-15-0 -- Baylor's record against Texas Tech in last 15 years
    2-13-0 -- Baylor's record against Texas in the last 15 years

Additionally, in the 15 years since the formation of the Big XII Baylor has:
    -played UofH zero times
    -played Rice twice ('07, '10)
    -played TCU three time (zero between '96-'05)

So in the ten years immediately following the collapse of the SWC, Baylor flat refused to play any of its "regional rivals" that are now so important.

Does that clear it up?

Does anyone else see a pattern there?

[uck fay] Waco.

2. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Without double-counting, it looks like Baylor has gone 16-102 in Big 12 games since the conference was formed. That's insane.

3. TXA&M07

TXA&M07 New Member

What should be call for concern among Baylor Alums is the lack of due diligence that Ken has displayed throughout this whole ordeal. When the conference began to crumble last year, most programs began to seek alternatives, some more publicly than others. Out of every school left in the Big12-2, Baylor is the only one I have found that does not have a place to go. Whose fault is that?

Instead of looking elsewhere, they've pushed all their chips in on the hopes and dreams that this thing will survive. That tells you the kind of leadership is at the helm of the college in Waco.

4. TXA&M07

TXA&M07 New Member

[uck fay]in strong rivalries huh?

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

You won't rationalize Baylor away. Baylor sucks. Baylor knows they suck. Baylor knows they aren't worthy of an AQ conference, because they can't qualify for jack.

You are being [ock cay] blocked by Baptists. And... depending on how this turns out, they may just bend you over and rape you.

The whole thing is both comical and sad. But if I were A&M, I'd fix my baggage issue quick.

6. fl0at_

I read Texags last night, and someone said Baylor blocked you guys from picking up a law school in Houston.

Dude, you guys got a crazy on-again off-again girlfriend, and no Waffle House. It isn't looking good.

7. TXA&M07

TXA&M07 New Member

If this falls apart, it'll be just as embarrassing for Slive as it will aTm. I'm inclined to think that wont be the case though. This posturing will end eventually.

8. TXA&M07

TXA&M07 New Member

They didnt block any law school.

9. fl0at_

No idea, not even sure if true. Dude said Baylor and Tech fought to keep A&M from annexing some school in Houston.

10. TXA&M07

TXA&M07 New Member

Again, that didnt happen.

11. fl0at_

Ok.

This guy thinks it has, but he is an alumni, so probably biased.

Still funny, either way. Maybe he is referring to UT since Baylor isn't "public."

12. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Uh, no. Not really even close. Slive will still be running a juggernaut conference. A&M will be either slinking back to kiss Texsucks' ring or trying to find another landing spot that won't be blocked.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i don't understand why they just don't deal with the lawsuits and give the big-12 the finger.

14. TXA&M07

TXA&M07 New Member

I'm not as certain about that as you appear to be. I think he's got some investment in this. We wont go back regardless though.

15. fl0at_

A&M should just give the B12 the finger. Go independent for a year, let the whole conference either stabilize or collapse, and then stroll into the SEC.

16. TXA&M07

TXA&M07 New Member

I'm not a fan of a year as an Independent. Our stock has never been higher as an athletic dept. We've got to leave now. I'll admit that.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

This will get worked out and A&M will join the SEC. Ken Starr is posturing to show Baylor supporters he is looking out for them.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wishful thinking. aTm's inability to assert it's own identity apart from the Baylors of their conference is purely a reflection on aTm. The SEC was, is, and will be a premiere conference in college football with or without TAMU or any Texas school. I'm not trying to be nasty, but we don't need you. We are your golden ticket, not the other way around.

If we got Missouri and some Virginian/West Virginian or DC area school, that'll be big. There's no market in the West as big as St. Louis, DC, Western Pennsylvania, etc. left for the Pac 12 to absorb. Only midwestern state schools. The SEC will be fine.

19. TXA&M07

TXA&M07 New Member

I've made no such claim and agree with you to a point IP, however dont pretend like we're bringing very little to the table. Thats been addressed already. As for asserting our identity apart from Waco, scroll up to the top and check the stats. Who exactly needs who in this scenario?

20. TXA&M07

TXA&M07 New Member

The only thing that identifies us and Baylor is that there is a river that runs near both Waco and College Station.