Freaking Krugman Needs to Shut His Farging Hole

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by bigpapavol, Sep 11, 2011.

Tags:
  1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Typo: first word of the second sentence. Pretty pathetic considering how short the piece was. Very small article, with hardly any reasoning or justification behind his horrible accusations. I'm sure he'll get the hits he's after, but he totally pussed out by not allowing comments.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It's almost as bad as the professorial types that used their pulpits to claim we brought this upon ourselves.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Brooks gets it most of the time and Douthat is a rising star. He has a very perceptive insight into Washington that most don't. A.O. Scott that reviews movies is pretty good and former food critic Frank Bruni writes interesting stuff from time to time.

As for Krugman, he is the last Keynesian in an age when Keynesian policies have not delivered on all promises. I don't think this blog was his most articulate, but it is true the memory of 9/11 gets exploited too often.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It might be exploited by many, but it's still the Wong day to politically grandstand about others politicking. It's also utter crap to call Bush's response political expedience. Bush eventually overused it and probably overreached, but his initial response was genuine and on target. Same for Giuliani.

Krugman wouldn't know leadership if it hit him between the eyes.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I agree. He has a classic "rain on your parade" type of personality.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agree with BPV. Not the time for it, and it was a distortion anyway.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

"Fake heroes like Bernie Kerik, Rudy Giuliani, and, yes, George W. Bush raced to cash in on the horror. "

say whatever you want about GW, but he kicked some serious ass during the days following 9/11. I still get chills when i see that pitch he threw at teh yankees game following 9/11. perfect strike knowing the world was watching and every bad guy knew he was there. utter badass.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Bush was a buffoon about many things, but he stood up as a leader for the period when there was a question about terrorists attacking our sovereignty. His admin left no room for anything but clarity and he pushed the issue. He actually created a doctrine other than the Monroe Doctrine, which had dominated our foreign policy for roughly 200 years.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Pretty smooth how he uses 9/11 to promote his attack on others for using 9/11 to promote an attack.