Most Overrated Performances of All Time

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Sep 11, 2011.

Tags:
  1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Thank you Denard Robinson and ESPN for providing the motivation for this thread.

My submission - Joe Montana in the 1979 Cotton Bowl.

Watch the game the next time ESPN Classic shows it. That game wan't Montana leading a comeback. It was Houston handing it to them.

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Denard is exciting, but people seem to be forgetting he completed under half of his passes.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am with you guys on DR. He's fun to watch, but his receivers were bailing him out of dumb throws all game. Those three picks were not flukes, but a couple of those touchdowns were.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He would be a flag football superstar.

5. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'm glad he bought Michigan back, but it really looks like all his throws are high and soft.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Denard Robinson's performance in that game was just stupid. If I were a Michigan fan I would be throwing up at our "throw it up in case a good guy catches it" offense. His last drive was actually OK. But, I was rather underwhelmed...

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Crompton had 2. LSU as a sophomore and Western Kentucky.

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Denard comes from a long line of QBs like Seneca Wallace, Antwan Randel-el, Jared Lorenzen, etc. who have a unique skill set that makes them fun to watch, but it is way more style over substance.

9. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

In DR's case, he is a rb who can throw a little. I don't think anyone expects him to complete 70% of his passes in west coast offense. He throws to keep the D honest and loading the box all game. He's basically Pat White.

10. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

True, White was certainly a more competent passer.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'd nominate every pro season of Michael Vick's.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i was going to say fosters last year, but then the falcons got destroyed yesterday without him.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Are you drunk?

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

apparently. massive brain fart there.

15. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Post of the Day. Polls closed.