Looks like another wasted year

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by GoVols, Sep 17, 2011.

1. GoVols

GoVols Member

No win against Florida, probably Bama. No trip to Atlanta. Another horrid bowl game.

Someone please tell me what reason there is to care.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A team full of freshmen and sophomores getting better. No one expected this team to go to Atlanta this year. Take that shit somewhere else. There's 9 games left.

3. GoVols

GoVols Member

This might be a reasonable excuse if a team with just as much youth, if not more, didn't just tear us a new asshole.

4. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

if you think that there isn't a talent gap between the two schools, and if you think that this wasn't going to be another down year then you know jack shit about football

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

what year are demps, Rainey, and Brantley? Tennessee lost its best weapon in the 1st 3 minutes of the game. Did you honestly expect Tennessee to win the east?

6. Tex_Volfan.

Tex_Volfan. Only Mod Approved Posts

OP is being a little over dramatic!

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Bray lived up, not really sure how he had the game he did considering.
    OL got whipped from the get go. Was holding out hope for a "decent" running game this year. Got a long way to go.
    D got off balance early and screwed up coverage here and there. Considering the field position we gave them thru most of the game they played decent.
    Our STs are horrible, that is the biggest gap we have to close. UF uses STs as a chance to attack, we just hope not to screw up. Which we did today.

8. Hobock

Hobock New Member

You need a reason to care? Pitiful

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Florida is more experienced at every position save DB. We pretty well ripped them there. It was every other area where we got our asses kicked.

10. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

between the OP, Captain Jack, and Last Vol is it possible we have our village idiots?

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Nah, I get what he's saying. This sort of seemed like our year to beat the Gators. I knew 2005 would be our last chance for awhile and we played like asshole. Now we have our next best shot and blow it. The Gators won't stay down forever.

Plus, if Hunter is out for an extended period, the whole season looks pretty grim.

12. WM

WM Active Member

Hunter is a huge loss imo. Poole better learn how to hit a [uck fay]ing hole soon.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Not taking long to get some "real fans" over here.

14. WM

WM Active Member

I feel the frustration with the OP. You have to take advantage of garbage UF teams while you can.

15. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Definitely a bummer with the way it played out... but I think a 10 point game is about what most would have figured going in.

16. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

How many times in the last six years does this make that the Vols have ended up with negative rushing yards against the Gators? at least twice that I recall.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah, but I don't think UF played particularly well, so it sucks to lose like that. Plus, we didn't unleash Bray for a good long time. Throw in special teams sucking yet again, wide receivers dropping passes again, and of course 30 or more horrible snaps... we just can't play well against those guys.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Just shut up. We literally lost half our offense on the first drive.

19. WM

WM Active Member

Dooley's future may be defined by this game next year at Neyland.

20. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

i think the team showed glimpses of what could be, however there are still some growing pains