A View From 50in Plasma

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Sep 17, 2011.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

1. Tennessee was out talented, not out coached.
    2. If Hunter plays all game we probably win.
    3. Rainey and Demps graduate this year, they won't be able to use them next year.
    4. With as many PI penalties you have to wonder if the UF DB's are taught to play like that.
    5. Zach Rogers is doodie. He looks and plays like a girl.
    6. Bray looked good. Playing against a talented D without your best receiver and still played well. The drops and Zach Rogers really hurt his numbers and probably the outcome of the game.
    7. We need a KR in a bad way. Lane looked good once today. He looks like he's thinking too much when he needs to just run.
    8. Arnett impressed me today. He will do big things here.
    9. It's obvious Poole shouldn't be out there. He missed a lot of blocks and danced in the backfield way too much.
    10. Hopefully Hunter is alright. Rumors are torn ACL, but nothing confirmed yet.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We were out coached a little when hunter went down. We stuck with the run too long instead of just sticking with what we do best

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Can't see I was that impressed with our coaching. UF should have stuck with quick hits to the outside and they'd have blown us out of the water in the first half.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

They could have hung it up early but I thought they played hard until the end.
    I don't understand why Palardy isn't getting it done
    Loved Arnett
    Does UT have the screen play in the playbook?

5. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Agree on Bray. Thought he did OK considering no running game and playing with just one receiver, and that one contributed a few of the drops as well.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Is Hunter worth 10 points? Probably not. But it changes the dynamic of everything on the offensive side and makes it a different game. It was a weird game, but a lot of season left and they have to move on.

7. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

The Zach Rogers hate is a little excessive. Da' Rick and Rivera had their drops too.

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Zach pretty much stalled our offense on about 4 drives. He sucks.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm not just on him because of the one game.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't hate him but he's not a very good wr

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

His role was basically inconsequential in this game. A center that can't snap it is more my worry at the moment.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

ZRogers was so glaring because he's effeminate and was replacing a legit NFL 1st rounder type and it hurt our entire gameplan. It's not his fault that he isn't Hunter. Hell, for that matter, it isn't his fault that he has chromosome issues.

13. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Leave him alone, he has nice hair.

14. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

He needs chapstick and a razor.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think he is.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He did draw what, two or three pass interference penalties.

17. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Inefficient special teams, piss poor tackling, not being able to snap properly and an offensive line that does nothing to help the running game are what bothers me... It's the same issues that have bothered me for it seems seven years or so now. Well I've not always been bothered about the snaps.

I know people say there are holes, but I continue to think they could do better there. To me the biggest issue is that they just can't push anyone off the line. UF's o-line pushed us around everywhere. When is the last time our o-line pushed around anybody?

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

2004? Maybe 2006 (at times)?

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The 2006 OL sucked ass.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

First time in a while I was just disappointed after a game. Other than demps and rainey I just don't see the vast talent gap.

I thought cheney took too long to adjust one they went straight up man.

Tackling was terrible.

I don't see how palardy can't kick a damn field goal.