Looks Like Missouri Staying With The Big 12.

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by hatvol96, Sep 22, 2011.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The SEC is about to have a mess on their hands. They are going to have to scramble to find team 14.

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Can't say I'm disappointed. From a fans perspective, Missouri didn't add a thing.

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Any chance we could just kick out A&M? Or even Arkansas?

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I guess they don't mind being Texas' [itch bay] as bad as they let on.

Any more news on the FL St. to the SEC rumors or would UF have too much of a shit-fit?

There's some talk this way about VA Tech. Hope not personally.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

WVU back on SEC's map, no doubt.

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

The B12 members outside of Texas seemed to be playing a game of chicken to get the LHN off the air and out of sight. Sounds like Mizzu got called and had to show. We stayin if everybody else is. For now. Oh wait.

7. Expansion is all about money, therefore I'd be surprised if West Virginia is back on the map, or if they were ever on the SEC's radar.

Clemson, FSU, Maryland, a school that brings more of viewers and money imo. Also I wouldn't say it's over for Missoura, the Big XII could still fall.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

ESPN CFB reported (earlier today?) that WVU was rumored to have recently inquired with both the ACC and SEC - with neither having any interest.

Mizzou brings a new midwesten state - as well as the KC and STL tv markets.

I don't see a more attractive - or realistic - option at this point. Neither Texaco nor OU, both being nothing more than shit-talking cowards, want any part of the SEC.

Barring those three, I dont know who - but a 14th will be added.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I could take a regular cheap win, at this point.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think we could have West Virginia if we wanted them. I don't think we've made any real strong runs at an ACC team, as that would be expensive since they upped their buyout amounts-- but that is an option if there was mutual interest from someone like Maryland. And I don't think for a minute Missouri is off the table permanently.

We'll get our 14th.

11. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Clemson and Florida State would bring jack shit to the SEC, with the possible exception of two more redneck heavy fanbases.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed. Clemson and Florida State shouldn't even be an option.

13. WM

WM Active Member

Admission standards seem to be Devry-ish at WVU.
    Honestly, there isn't much out there that sounds too attractive that's attainable .

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I know this sounds wild, but schools can grow into the role of being on a bigger stage.

For what it is worth, Tennessee's admission standards in the mid-90's were Devryish. Things change.

15. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Would have added for basketball purposes more than football. Academically speaking, it would have been great