Saudi King taking a risk

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Sep 25, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

2. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

Probably be [uck fay] tards blowing themselves up at the poll sites.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's what I am worried about, 7th. Or beating the hell out of/gang-raping any women who head to the polls.

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

It sucks, but this isn't something I see being resolved without any problems. People will be angry, but over time it should become acceptable. May as well start sooner.

5. 7thgroupvolfan

It's gonna happen IP ,unfortunately. Thats just what those idiots do when they get upset over something. Intimidation will be used to prevent as many women as possible from voting.

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think there will be some intimidation used, but hopefully they push through it and let the people of the area have more freedom.

7. 7thgroupvolfan

fosho

I laugh everytime I see your avy!

8. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

What better place than here, what better time than now?

RATM? Anyone? Anyone?

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

The first time women could lawfully vote in elections in this country they overwhelmingly pulled the lever for Warren G. Harding. Warren. G. Harding.

I'm just saying.

10. 7thgroupvolfan

You got a bullet in your head.

tidwell likes this.
  11. 7thgroupvolfan

John Spartan, you've been fined 4 credits for violation of the verbal morality law.

12. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I don't see the risk. He can have anyone in the country's head cut off right now, should he so choose.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I kind of thought the same thing. Just more votes for him to change.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

As could the leaders of Libya, Syria, Egypt, etc. a year ago. These times are achangin' in the Middle East. Saudi Arabia has a large disenfranchised underclass, religious extremists who already find the House of Saud's leadership dubious, and foreign nationals from other ME countries. Shit could change fast there.

Like much of the ME, Saudi Arabia has no political history as a state. It's just another colonial carving from the Ottoman Empire, with the House of Saud happening to get control.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Saudi Arabia isn't your run of the mill cave in the ME. They have more money than everyone else and economic woes aren't going to foment an uprising like they have in the rest of the ME. Cash says house of Saud is in very good position.

Post was a bit in jest, but they don't have the issues that the other shitholes do.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Saudis are also shrewd and careful in how fast they move on things. I'm just saying this doubtlessly pissed off the hardliners.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

probably did, but it helps get the outsiders off their asses for human rights abuses. I think this was pure pragmatism. They haven't changed their worldview and aren't moving away from Wahabbism, but want people like the UN out of their business.

19. 7thgroupvolfan

I've never been to Saudi, so can't speak of first hand knowledge. Saudi's are much more educated than the Afghans that I've worked with, but if they view a woman's place in society like the Afghans. There'll most certainly be suicidal dumbasses standing by for the word.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator