Revenge on LSU!

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by TRUVOL, Sep 25, 2011.

1. TRUVOL

TRUVOL New Member

Do we get revenge on these guys this year? I was really pissed that we lost that game last year. I think our guys are gonna come out ready. It would be awesome to knock these guys off the number one spot but then again it would be nice to see an sec team in the NC game again. As long as its not bama.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

It's Les Miles. Anything can happen.

3. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

You can't see it, but I'm palming my face right now.

4. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

I feel more confident about facing LSU than Bama

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

LSU is going to destroy us. have you watched them play? they are playing some of the best football in the country.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

But i want no part of Trent Richardson. he will rip us a new one.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Now we know how long it takes for hope to return to the fanbase: 8 days. Fitting.

8. TRUVOL

TRUVOL New Member

I'm not saying we are going to beat them but maybe we can give them a run for their money. Yes I have seen them play this year and they look dang good but then again they might have a bad day. Just trying to put myself in one of our players shoes. From how that game turned out last year and to this year coming up I would be ready to play extra hard.That would give me extra motivation.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

If I put myself into a player's shoes, I wouldn't play "extra" hard, because I would be playing as hard as I possibly could every week. I would be extra-distracted against opponents I was emotional over, and not play as well. That's just me.

10. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I felt pretty good about LSU until I watched their games this year. That defense is frightening and the offense while nothing spectacular just bludgeons you to submission. LSU is just plain nasty. I think they play more violent and faster then Alabama.

11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I think we come out swinging and its a low scoring game going into the 4Q where LSU wins the war upfront and pulls away.

LSU's offense is light years ahead of the squad we played last year. (As long as the qb doesn't turn it over)

12. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Glad this coaching staff will throw the ball deeper than five yards.

13. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member

I would love to see some revenge on LSU this year, but I don't see it happening.

14. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

I'm not expecting this game to be close at all

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I honestly think LSU will beat Alabama and win the West. They're going to have to let someone beat them to lose.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Les Miles is still their coach. wouldnt be surprised in the least if they somehow found a way to blow a game or two.

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Great defenses are the best erasers of offensive coaching mistakes. LSU has a great defense.

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Too close to call. Would be thrilled to see my favorite team knock off the #1 team in the country....but, would also be really awesome to wear my "Back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back National Champs by Association" shirt around my ACC buddies all offseason.

19. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I'm torn on about most games left on our schedule. Seeing all of our rivals achieve that much more success is going to be great for our program.

20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Nothing gets me more amped up than when I can talk to fans of other schools and get to say, "You hear Bama Yellow Hammer that team in the National Championship game? They did that to us too! High five."