Coach Martin Slams Writer32 (KNS' Griff)

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tenacious D, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This may be the only time that a Mike Griff (aka "Writer 32" on toos, "Softball Killah" to 8-year old girls) blog gets linked here, but as it's for mockery, here it is:

Cuonzo Martin not distracted by Bruce Pearl's presence ยป govolsxtra.com Mobile

For some unknown reason - other than abstract stupidity and a complete absence of any creative ability - Griff asks CCM if Pearl's presence in Knoxville is a distraction.

CCM's initial take is best, "That's kind of a crazy question." and it slightly devolves, even from that low opening point.

Enjoy!

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Poor guy doesn't even realize he was blown off.

3. Tenacious D

No, he didn't. And I'd bet that he doesn't know how ridiculously contrived he appears, or more likely, just doesn't care.

Even as shitty as the KNS is - and all of the local sports media, for that matter - you'd think that his schtick would warrant some correction, however belated. Unfortunately, the local scene is trending more toward Griff and away from Mike Strange, and his nonsense is mistaken for "hard-hitting" journalism.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Still carrying water for Pearl. The fact that assclown is still employed is all the proof you need to see what a joke the Knoxville Media is.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Martin should immediately excommunicate the moron.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's almost as bad as Clay's "Are you a virgin" question to Tebow.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Worse IMO. You at least expect that from Clay Travis, it's his angle.

Griff at least pretends to be a credible journalist.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That is true.

It amazes me he's able to keep a job.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Griff is outstanding. And by outstanding I mean ridiculously terrible.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

It's amazing what playing a skin flute can do for a person's career.

Ask Tenny.

11. Tenacious D

Speaking of "professionalism", I've been meaning to upload this pic of ol'Writer32 for awhile now.

Here, Griff is covering the Big Orange Tip-Off Banquet. See if you can spot him, I won't spoil the surprise. Not that you'll likely need to, but you can click to enlarge it.

Writer32.jpg

From his attire, I can only assume that he intended to not only interview Hammy / Coach Martin - but to also challenge them to a game of badminton, immediately thereafter.

12. Tenacious D

Hah! That's jazz skin flute.

Guess the jokes on you, smartass.

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I've narrowed it to the guy in shorts, or to the man on the right with the letter in the mail.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's wearing sneakers and shorts, while on the job at a public function... [uck fay]in' hell.

Btw, that was an atrocious article. Kudos to Martin for not humoring such stupid questioning. And it is hysterical that old Griff doesn't even realize he was being mocked.

15. CardinalVol

If you don't follow this idiot on twitter, please do it.

Stupidity over and over.

16. Tenacious D

We should tweet our heckling.

17. CardinalVol

He'll be pumping gas to raise money for the United Way today at the Cedar Bluff Pilot.

Do with this info as you wish........

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011