Glue sniffer delirious homer truefan for life thread: LSU edtion.

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by IP, Oct 10, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

No negative or realist bullshit in here. Just Big Orange orgy material. Let's do this.

I am a true fan. How do I know? Is it the Power T I just had inked on my taint a few weeks ago after the Cincinnati win? Is it the montage tattoo of Simms getting sacked a bazillion times last year I have on my ass, with "can take a pounding" in cursive over my anus? Yes, those are indications. But how I know for SURE that I am a true fan is that I STILL believe we can avenge our "loss" to LSU last year.

Tyler Bray did not lock down the starting roll from Matt Simms until a week before the Montana game. "Coach speak," you say? No friggin' way. Dooley doesn't pull punches. Matt Simms has improved from last year, and the drop-off between him and Bray will not be as severe as some predict. If we can find a way to run the ball, we'll still be potent on offense.

Also, Marlin Lane is starting to come on. Sure, his big run was revealed to include an Academy Award-winning performance 14 yards in, but that just makes him a dual threat. Also, Poole's best game came against LSU and he is now listed as "day-to-day." More like "All-day-every-day," amirite LSU?

The number 1 team in the nation is coming into Neyland Stadium, but I number 1 team won't walk back out. Get those shirts off. It's Wild Boyz time. Believe. On Saturday, drink it until you think it.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I like your style.

Here are some things to look forward to: 1) Marlin Lane getting better; 2) Devrin Young doing something nice on special teams' 3) Our rush defense is pretty good. 4) We have absolutely nothing to lose.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I had you at "taint."

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I love the optimism, especially the blog post. They are uplifting. We are who we are, though. And even though we are what we are, I'll still support the team, the University and the even the fans. But I'm no longer optimistic. I think the team should gameprep for SCAR for the next three weeks. LSU and Bama are losses. Everyone knows this. So, go out, run the damn ball damn near every play against LSU. Let the O-Line learn to push, let the backs look for holes. Just improve. When we pass, do screen plays. Allow Simms to get looks but always check down after 3 seconds. Just improve.

Bama, start the run. Let Simms keep seeing the field and check down. Let him throw one or two every now and then. Keep running the ball, even if we go nowhere. Just improve.

Unleash them against SCAR, and just let them play.

The alternative is gimmicks against LSU/Bama. And going all out for a prayer of a win. Pulling all punches, just doing whatever it takes to win. And I don't think anything is learned from that other than that the staff is feeling pressure from fans. Granted, team gets the "feel of a big win," but that won't last when they get boot stomped by games they had a chance in, but didn't "pull all the stops."

5. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

it's usually friday before i hit this point. i did need a little pick-me-up this week, though. v,b.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think we start the game out just the way you said. If by the 4th quarter we are within a possession or two, pull out some stops and gimmicks and see what shakes out. But ya, play to improve and be ready for SCAR otherwise.

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Gonna throw a kitchen sink at em.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We have two splendid things working to our offense's advantage this week.

1. The back up QB.
    2. I expect a lot of 3rd and longs.

We all know how well a Chavis defense responds to these two things. All Cheney needs to do is go empty backfield two tight ends and we're money baby.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Miles always loses a game he should win

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I've said it before but I'll say it again: Last time we played a No. 1 LSU it worked out in our favor.

11. CardinalVol

Billy Cannon spoke at Knoxville QB Club today. Swears he crossed the goal line. Was a great speaker.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maybe Chief will show some loyalty to his alma mater.

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Holy Cow. He's gotta be, what, mid-70s now?

14. CardinalVol

If he was 21 in 59, then he'd be at least 72 or 73.

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

We win this running away with Bray. With Simms it will be closer but these boys want revenge. Volls Roll GBO V,B

16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Miles keeps it close, Dooley takes advantage in the end. #1 is going down.

Enjoy being #1 for a week Saban, your next.

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Man, you crazy. But I like that about you.

18. CardinalVol

Remember the episode of coach where Hayden has his qb fake an injury to bring him in last drive of the game in the pineapple bowl?

Its all a ploy. Bray, Rodgers lathers and jackson will all be ready to go Saturday night.

19. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

Well , I will pray.............for this to happen but, I won't rule out a loss!

20. Vader

Vader New Member

Bray may be faking injury just to make it more sporting for LSU.