Detroit Lions

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kptvol, Oct 10, 2011.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I was kind of digging this undefeated Lions stuff. Then I just now remembered Nick Fairley is on that team. Ready for those [uck fay]ers to lose.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Calvin Johnson is a freak.

I can't cheer for them due to Stafford and Fairley.

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Remember when Shawn Bryson had some nice years with the Lions?

4. Chiutfan

Chiutfan New Member

the bears totally blow there was no way they were gonna beat the lions...

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Oh yes. How many NFL starters were in that backfield?

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Henry and Bryson played on the same Buffalo team for three years. Lewis obviously a boss for the Ravens.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I guess we will figure out how good the 49ers D really is next week. I am not very excited about the Lions pass rush, as Smith has already been sacked 14 times through 5 games. That said, 11 of those came against the Bengals and Cowboys, so maybe the line was just playing down to its competition *obligatory shot at Cowboys fans*

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Did Stephens ever dress for a game with the Bucs? I can't remember.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Vernon Davis should have 10 catches or so coming in and sitting down shallow.

I actually like Harbaugh over Schwartz, I just don't know if the 49ers have the weapons yet.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think he dressed for the Panthers, but never started. Has a handful of carries and punt returns.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If we break it down, I think Detroit has the edge in the pass offense and on pass D, and the 49ers have the edge in rush offense, rush D and probably special teams. The game looks like it should be pretty close on paper. My guy tells me that both quarterbacks are due a bad game, but considering that Matt Stafford has Calvin Johnson catching passes, his bad game will beat Smith's. The game is in Detroit, but the coaching evens any advantage Detroit might get there. I think the game is decided by a field goal either way.

12. tankervol

tankervol Member

Jahvid Best is also much better at home than on the road. I think the key to the game will be whomever runs the ball more effectively. Best looked good last week, so we will see if he can have another solid performance at home.

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I almost nailed it

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

best is injured again. i love the kid, but i'm afraid he will never survive a season healthy. also detroit bulking him up so much has really limited his explosiveness (yes i know he had a 90 yard run or whatever, but he just doesn't hit the hole as fast as he did at cal). i don't think he can ever be an everydown back despite the fact that he runs between the tackles decently (if he has blocking which he hasn't at detroit).

15. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Turn the ball over, especially six freaking times, you lose. Chicago's offense looked like shit as usual, but Detroit was content to keep handing them the ball and punting to Hester.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I like Chicago going forward.

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I still think Detroit hands Green Bay their first loss this year. They are fully capable of getting into a shootout with them and keeping up

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

It's possible. Detroit's pass rush is going to be the best thing the Pack has seen this year though.