Obama has to hate Occupy Wall Street

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by volfanjo, Oct 6, 2011.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Large public demonstrations have historically done more damage to their supposed sympathizers in office than good. Anti-War protesters haunted Kerry in 2004 and Johnson in 1968, and I suspect hurt W. J. Bryan in 1896. This is exactly what a Republican trying to win Indiana, Virginia, Ohio, or North Carolina wants to see.

(Coincidentally, these movements linking itself to celebrities is doubly dangerous. Various unions brought in Hillary Swank and Brendan Fraser to stump for the Democrats in Ohio in 2004 and it turned out to be a total disaster).

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Obama may be sympathetic, but he is perceived as complicit at the least with the things they are upset about.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

these idiots came and protested my office building yesterday. never seen a bigger bunch of unwashed losers and i went to berkeley.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Saw some of them in St. Louis on Wednesday. They had signs calling Obama a corporate facist. I had fun asking them if they knew their supplies were probably made courtesy of a corporation somewhere. They looked at me like I spoek another language.

Occupy Knoxville takes place tonight for 3 hours. Kind of weak, IMO.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

The vast majority of these folks don't know enough about anything to even know what exactly they are upset about. One can make a Marxist-angled argument against the status-quo quite easily in the current economic climate, but they are failing to do so miserably. Mostly because they are uneducated losers.

Droski, Berkeley's Leftists are about 10x more coherent than these asses. Certainly better educated.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

One dude had a sign that said

Have college degree

B.A.

Need Job

The theme for the rest of the trip became thinking of things we should have said to this particular guy and didn't.

7. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

in good economic times people with college degrees have trouble finding jobs. why? because no private employer has any [uck fay]ing use for some dolt with a BA in Women's Studies or any of dozens of worthless degrees you're going to find being offered by liberal arts colleges and universities.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

A BA is a BA, doesn't matter much what it is in.

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I mentioned this on toos, but I saw a clip of "occupy Nashville", looked more like a family camping out at the capitol.

10. Chiutfan

Chiutfan New Member

we have them in chicago, and quite frankly, I dont think they are all that far off base. their beef seems to be , we bailed out the banks, but what have they done to help the economy lately?

11. volinbham

volinbham Member

i fear for today's utes

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I agree with that, but some people are too afraid to be in charge of their own life and thinks the goverment should hold their damn hand in everything.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Anytime you celebrate the charging of "Unlawful Assembly," you should think twice.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya. Get those citizens back in line. The American Way.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I will remember that the next time the dogs are turned loose on me.

16. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

it's the "American Way" to vandalize public parks and private businesses?

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i love them complaining about the rich screwing them and them paying for the bailout, yet fail to notice that the rich people pay all the taxes and therefore are the ones that payed for the wall street bailout. and of course none of these unemployed losers ever paid taxes in teh first place.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

What do you think the original Tea Party was? Last I checked, it was storming a private ship and tossing all of its contents into the bay.

19. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

wow, and here I thought 8th Maxim was going to be a place absent of LG1-like rationalizations.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Rationalizations? I'm saying public assembly is something I thought we protected in this country. I didn't want the Tea Partiers frog-marched off the street either when there is nothing violent or purposefully destructive about their activities. It isn't like they are taking shovels to the turf.

It is called consistency. If you want to blow every red [penis] you see, have at it. I will call it like I see it.