Justin Worley's Redshirt and Sam Montgomery's Huge Vagina

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by KingWebbsticles, Oct 14, 2011.

1. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

LSU's D-lineman Sam Montgomery has been on a twitter rampage the past few days. Look at some of these gems.

From what I can decipher from his tweets, he is angry about something.

Another thing I saw on another site was about Justin Worley and the staff preparing him to be ready for the USC, MTSU, and Arky games. He has been getting some reps with the 1's in practice. Bray said he is shooting for his return for the Vandy game.

Would you be okay with Worley losing his redshirt to give us a better shot against USC and Arkansas? He could always redshirt again next year if lack of injuries allow.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

No.

3. USAF_Vol

USAF_Vol Super Mod / Defender of Freedom

Yes, I would not mind the redshirt.

What did Poole do? Some say he cut blocked him dirty and injured him. Confirmation? Deets?

4. KingWebbsticles

Montgomery came untouched from the blind side and Poole crossed over and cut block. A totally legal block that happened to injure Montgomery.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Montgomery is an idiot.

6. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

It was a legal block. It was unfortunate for him but it was clean

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Boo freakin hoo. Injuries happen

8. WM

WM Active Member

Redshirt. If it goes beyond Simms then let's just line up in wildcat the rest of the season.

9. KingWebbsticles

But the skill on the Oline?

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Avon Barksdale could get into LSU.

11. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Absolutely not. We're not playing for anything this year except some fan's hurt pride. Keep as many RS as possibly and start developing these players for contributing next year and beyond. Simms could do all right if he'd stay with the timing slants accross the middle to the TE and Rogers. He has no business going down the field unless there's a blown coverage with no safety help.

12. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member

Simms is a joke. I say play Worley.

13. TRUVOL

TRUVOL New Member

No I wouldn't.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I didn't see this guy do shit on the field. Just like Mathieu. Mouth is bigger than his game.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Didn't we end that dip shits season last year.

16. crusse10

crusse10 Member

If Worley is better, play him. Worley can redshirt next year. Whether he doesn't play this year or he doesn't play next year won't matter.

IMO, we're still going to get a better QB in next year's class anyway. Why not let Worley play now? He may never get the chance to see the field.

17. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

The question, to me, wouldn't be whether or not Worley is better. It would be whether Worley would make a difference in the win/loss totals. We weren't going to beat LSU with either, so play Simms. We aren't going to beat Bama with either, so play Simms. We will beat MTSU with either, so play Simms.

The question is whether Worley is enough better to potentially make a difference against a depleted South Carolina, and past that, whether our offense is terrible enough that a loss might be in the cards to bad Vandy and UK teams if Simms is under center. That's the conclusion the coaches have to reach, IMHO.

18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Start Nash Nance.

19. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

This is old news but I don't see any reason to use Worley unless both Simms and Nance get hurt. There are no guarantees that Peterman or someone else will jump him on the depth chart and I think it would be good for him to get a few reps next season before he takes over for Bray. I just don't see him making the difference in winning another game this season before Bray returns.