The Somewhat Late YY6 Postgame Report.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, Oct 16, 2011.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

1. I now know how Indiana football fans feel. UT had absolutely no shot yesterday.
    2. The secondary is wretched. LSU had receivers running free all day.
    3. The offensive line played its best game. They opened some holes against the best defensive line they've faced.
    4. The difference in depth between the two teams was obvious. LSU ran great players on and off the field all day, while UT was stuck with the same guys out there.
    5. Matt Simms is an average college quarterback. I'm not sure why people continue to expect him to be something more.
    6. The Alabama-LSU game will be a classic. It'll be the college version of Ravens-Steelers.
    7. Oregon was lucky to win last night. Arizona State just doesn't know how to win big games.
    8. The Alabama game will be a debacle. If UT manages to get out of Tuscaloosa healthy, it will be an accomplishment.
    9. [ddiapos] needs to take a long look at his staff. There are some guys out of their depth at the SEC level.
    10. Hard to see much good happening the rest of the season. This is simply a very medicore football team.

2. hmanvolfan

hmanvolfan Member

Yeah but next year the Vols gonna be hell on wheels.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

That isn't a given.

4. hmanvolfan

hmanvolfan Member

We need to improve our facetious meter apparently.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Everything concerning humor or pleasure has been burned out of my brain. Sorry.

6. hmanvolfan

hmanvolfan Member

I'm sorry. Hope everything gets better for you. You seem like a good person.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, I think he is a notch less than average.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Like I said previously, most of the issues will be addressed by simply getting older, into the weight room and continuing to recruit depth. Once the recruiting disaster of Fulmer's last year and the band aid of Kiffin's first year recruiting have worked their way through the system, I don't imagine we'll have many of these same issues.

As far as the coaches, I've got to think a couple are going to have some issues with being retained. Dooley gave the hook to Smith, so I hope he's more like Saban and less like "I'm keeping all my buddies on staff no matter what" Fulmer. So, who goes (or should go)? I think we gotta axe Joseph and Hiestand.

9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I think the most deflating thing I saw yesterday was Auburn holding Florida to 6 points. Doesn't look good for our defense.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

both offenses are anemic without their starting QBs.

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

That Florida team last night was minus Brantley and Demps from our games. Plus, I knew Florida would be toast once that young team got out of the Swamp.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

at least they got play more than 15 times is the second half.

13. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

If the O-line can continue to play like they did yesterday and possibly even get better throughout the remainder of the season, I think Hiestand might save his job. Still up in the air on Joseph. He needs players before I can really call for his head IMO.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The OL will need to play reasonably well against Bama and SC (the only two decent defenses we have left to face) and like the '95 Cornhuskers against the rest for me to feel good about Harry.

15. CD12

CD12 Member

Did you notice what Vandy's O did to Ga?

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

that wasn't really Vandy's O. The rushing stat looks great, but it wasn't really all that either. QB did a huge portion of the damage with a couple of draws and runs for his life.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Alright,

1) We know the transitive property doesn't work in football, so quit trying to imply stat comparisons between two different games are indicative of anything.

2) Florida has a different QB than when we played them, and against Georgia we play-called ourselves right out of the game. Run-run-pass doesn't work when you go backwards on runs.

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

True, but Rainey was the one who killed us.

It was a little concerning because Auburn has had an awful defense for the most part and they have a lot of young guys, too.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Florida brutalized us with short passes to the outside. Every team we've played has been able to do the same thing. LSU did it for a bit before they decided they could run over us every play with Spencer Ware.