Opening line Alabama -27½, second largest in UT history.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by SavageOrangeJug, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Only Gators -30 in 2009 was bigger.

The state of our program is absolutely ridiculous. :mad:

Opening lines at Wynn in Vegas

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't mind the line. It is the fact that I would consider the "over" that really makes me want to weep.

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I would take Alabama and the points...I might even take Bama and the points if it were here but being on the road I have little faith.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Consider? Its a no brainer.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Trying to imagine a scenario where Tennessee stays within 4 touchdowns....

Other than the game being stopped by an earthquake before halftime, I got nothing.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I would probably take Tennessee in this one. If the game were 34-7 Bama -- which could happen -- I win on that line.

I foresee Dooley taking the approach Kiffin took to Florida in 2009. Chaney got too creative and then Simms put the Vols in a tough spot against LSU early. I think they'll go down to Tuscaloosa trying to run the ball, control the clock, throw lots of short safe passes, keep it within 17-20 points and come back to Knoxville with their heads held high chomping at the bit for USC. I also believe Tennessee will get a turnover in this game to set up an easy scoring opportunity. This is my semi-homerish/semi-serious read on the game.

7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Yeah, maybe one day we can get back to being competitive for 4 quarters and winning.

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I see lots of 3 and outs, and Bama piling it on in a hurry.

I'd love to see us hang around like we did in the Swamp two years ago. Skeptical though.

9. Only way we win. We play the best game we've played in 2 years, and Bammer has a wheels fall off game (think Utah).

I'm not even sure we win then.

10. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

I had a dream, that Teutonic plates that hold that state that shall remained unnamed broke loose and the borders of Mississippi and Georgia just sealed right up tight.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

No fault lines under them, unfortunately. Maybe a hot spot will form though and a cinder cone will come ripping up through Denny's stadium.

12. Vader

Vader New Member

In a perfect world, a giant sinkhole would have opened under Gainesville when Bama was playing the Gators.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

To be fair, they did get hit by tornadoes pretty hard this year. God's will.

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

[​IMG]

15. [​IMG]

16. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member

*Tectonic

17. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Clever.

MeatCleaver-GTAIV.jpg

18. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Also, bodog now has this game at 30.

19. WM

WM Active Member

The line has moved to 30.
    Tied for first now.

20. Chiutfan

Chiutfan New Member

yeah our program might have reached rock bottom, but when we come back and kick the crap out of everyone it will be so much sweeter....