we burned worley's redshirt.....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 22, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Its official, this staff is solely coaching on a reactionary basis in games.

My god I do not understand this move.

2. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

you play to win the games... Simms loses to Arky, Vandy and USCe for sure. MTSU and UK would be up for grabs. Get Worley used to the feel of an actual game before next week. Last I heard, the best possible return for Bray was Kentucky. We won't be bowl eligible with Simms, might as well try someone else.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

The only problem I see is if they don't let him start the rest of the season. If they don't, then heads need to roll.

4. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

no way this isn't preparing Worley to start the remainder of the time Bray is gone. Get a feel for what Worley offers. Make sure we don't have to make a top tier qb a priority for when Bray leaves. Gotta hope Worley shows something, because we need talent and depth in so many other spots that we can't afford to pick up another qb.

5. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

This is a good move if he starts next week against USCjr. We can't win that game with Matt Simms. Worley gives us a better chance.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I completely disagree.

This season is a bust. A qb change isn't going to change it. All I have heard for the last 21 and a half months is this isn't overnight fix and such. This move flies in the total face of that.

Its a move that reeks of indecisiveness and panic.

To be someone who is supposed to be so organized and detail oriented, its becoming a common theme of the total opposite of in game decisions.

7. WM

WM Active Member

The fact that we have some x factor going into next week gives me a bit more hope than the doom Simms brings.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I don't think it's a bad move at all, honestly.

9. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

you have to try and make a bowl game. You have to. They are reacting to that. You react to try and win. You leave Simms in there, the current underclassmen lose all hope and recruits look at us and laugh. And Nance was just a wasted scholly to bring D Rogers in. You've got no other choice than to try Worley.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

No one on the offense has faith in Simms. Look at Da'Rick shaking his head

11. KingWebbsticles

You are overreacting. This team can win against USCjr, MTSU, Vandy and UK. They have the talent to do that. Playing Matt Simms takes awaya shot at USC and Vandy. Our defense CANNOT be out on the field that long all game. 3 wins and a bowl game is all that is needed. The extra practices are priceless also.

Plus, Worley has gained praise from Chaney about being a very cerebral QB. Stating they can do things with Worley that Simms, and to an extent, Bray can't do.

Quit overreacting, it is just one loss.

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'd love to see Worley do well when he's back, but I hope we don't have to hear about a qb controversy.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

As has been said, making a bowl game is essential. We need all the damn practice we can get. Might even be able to get a few early enrollee guys a head start, too. We don't make a bowl with Simms.

The good news is we'd need to lose 4 more games to reach that magic 8th loss, which UT has never gotten. Can't see that happening with MTSU and UK on the schedule.

14. Brinkley52

Brinkley52 The Patterson Prophecies

of all the games for Justin Worley to get his first start...SCAR is the best...he lives 6o miles from Columbia yet Spurrier never sniffed his front door...heck...Spurrier even spent half of the last 3 years in the SAME city recruiting JaDeveon Clowney..so it wouldnt have taken much to work on Justin as well...the talk around SCAR coaches is Worley was a system QB...I disagree

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There is no way in hell there will be a QB controversy.

Bray is an elite talent. Worley may be, and even if he is, he knew coming in who the QB was going to be for the immediate future.

EDIT: Some stupid asses in the fanbase may call for Worley after Bray has a rough game, but the unwashed toothless don't make personnel decisions.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  16. Brinkley52

why would that be a bad thing?? if there is a controversy then Worley would have played extremely well...considering Bray was putting up ALL-SEC type numbers through the first 5 games...

17. KingWebbsticles

It also helps that USC's offense is struggling like ours and their defense isn't the best, especially with Ingram out (i believe).

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Overreaction.

This team has no faith in Simms. The OL gave him time, the backs produced fairly well and it was pissed away by beyond God awful QB play.

Simms, barring an injury to Worley, will never see the field in a meaningful game situation. This was the worst case scenario. You have to get bowl eligible. Worley gives Tennessee that opportunity. Simms does not.

19. WM

WM Active Member

A must see TV game of the week brought to you by College Gameday powered by the Home Depot.

20. Brinkley52

QB controversies are only bad things if the two QB's arent very good...