Justin Worley Speculation: Savior of the 2011 Season?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Oct 22, 2011.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Savior in that I won't have to see Simms any more is plenty. Bring him on.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That's definitely a positive for him. Not big shoes to fill.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The guy is definitely accurate. Not sure if he can throw the deep out or any of those crazy throws NFL QB's have to make, but he chucks it fairly far a few times in those highlights. Sooo... not exactly Rick Clausen level arm strength. Maybe more like Casey Clausen. Get Da'Rick, Rivera, Arnett, and Lane open and he'll hit them. If Poole can manage to avoid Florida/UGA-like suckitude, we might actually be able to move the ball.

5. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I'd rather see Tiny Richardson at QB than Simms at this point.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

So many of the high school guys have to learn to play under center once they get to college, do the whole three-step drop, play with their back to the defense, and then evaluate their options. That's only a small part of the learning curve. I wish him the best.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

When the best pass of the night was from your previously inept kicker, you know your QB situation sucks.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I would pick a retarded goat over Simms right now. We'll need Worley to have some experience in order to back up and then, hopefully, take over for a graduating Bray. Might as well throw him into the fire now.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

gimme Suggs, Stewart, or Matthews right now.

10. WM

WM Active Member

Another thing to consider. The man making the calls is still trying to establish himself as a BCS coach. He does not have the luxury to hoard players for the future. He is playing for his own future. You play to improve your resume for the here and now. Simms isn't going to get you a contract extension.

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Give me Todd Helton throwing end over end kickoffs.

12. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Nash Nance must really be pathetic as a QB.

13. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Can't beat SC with Simms. Tried that last year.

14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

They are talking about the 2015 season (on toos) and how Worley losing his redshirt screws that up. Why did I even read it.

15. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Gone full retard....

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

J moore started a thread. Started licking my chops on that one.

17. Beechervol

2015 is a long way down the road for Dooley.

18. Beechervol

You made it through all of that?

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I can't stand that cat. But he just won't respond to me or my calling out of his bs on twitter. Not to mention his 5,000 signoff threads.

20. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Nice to have a savior, even if just for a week. Haven't had much to look forward to for a while during the week.