Randy Sanders

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Oct 23, 2011.

Tags:
  1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Anyone kept up with how he's done lately? 117th in scoring and total offense. They played the 102nd ranked defense, Western Kentucky, and put up 14 points at home. Unbelievable when you think that this was the guy coaching our loaded teams in '99, 2000, and 2001.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I wondered aloud earlier in the season if he would be the only offensive coordinator ever fired twice, with two different teams, midway through a season.

They did wallop the mighty Jacksonville State Gamecocks on Saturday. He's got that going for him.

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

1. The WKU game was in Nashville, and it was technically a home game for Western.

2. Sanders sucks as an OC. I actually thought he did a decent job as QB coach at Kentucky, but running the offense isn't something he appears to be very good at doing.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

1. I stand corrected.

2. His incompetence was apparent in his first game and glaringly obvious after his first season. Phil allowed him to hang around for 7 years.

5. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

1. Not a big deal. I live amongst the Wildcat Wackos, so I am forced to pay attention. I had to watch the second half of that game on TV. It was 7-3 until UK scored very late.

2. I keep asking my UK friends why all of these UT guys--Barnhardt, Sanders, Martin--aren't working in Knoxville. They haven't had an answer. If they pay attention, I think they might discover one.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

1. Kentucky is as guaranteed of a win as MTSU at this point, no matter who is under center.

2. I don't think Sanders' long tenure at UT is the cause of Fulmer's demise, but it was one of the most obvious symptoms.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

A decent offensive coordinator likely nabs us an SEC Championship at least once from '99-2005. Seriously, we had the talent to win several.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

No doubt. In retrospect, we were under-achieving terribly in those years.