Worley Expected To Be Named Starter

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by volfanjo, Oct 24, 2011.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Per John Brice. Important enough to share, I thought.

2. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Guess I can put the noose away for another week.

4. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Amazing how news of QB change can perk up a fan base.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'd perk up if they announced they were putting Palardy in full-time at QB or running the wildcat with Allan Carson.

6. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Honestly, how much worse could he possibly be. If he comes out and can hit routine short routes I would be very happy

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There is no way he could be worse. Absolutely no way. Simms was worse than Crompton or Stephens or Coleman ever thought about being.

8. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

No doubt. Another positive for bringing Worley in is the attitude of the team. You can tell by D Rogers body language that he is fed up with Simms. He runs a proper out route and Simms simply cant get him the ball. I think you will see some energy from the recievers with Worley in.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Da'Rick getting up and shaking his head after every poorly thrown ball was funny to me.

Can you imagine, after the tear he was on with Bray, having to go to work with a guy like Simms throwing you the ball?

10. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

So you are seeing the same thing I am. The frustration that our recievers must be having right now must be unbearable. Like I said, not asking for a miracle, but the throws that Simms isnt making arent hard ones.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Da'Rick ran a little hitch route Saturday and was open for about a 9 or 10 yard gain. The ball was thrown damn near 6 foot from him towards the sidelines. Rogers laid out but couldn't get to it. He just started shaking his head.

Rivera, at the LSU game, was wide ass open several times and Simms never looked his way. I'm sure he was against Bama a few times too.

12. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Cool

Let's hope Worley can deliver like Bray did last year when he was thrown into the fire.

13. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

For as long and hard as Simms locks on to one receiver without giving a look to the rest of the field, you would think he would be able to make that 8 yard pass with a clear lane and no pressure.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  14. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Bray had Moore to bail his ass out a lot last year, so Im not really expecting Worley to do the same. Like I said earlier, just give me a QB that can half-way throw a short pass to an open reciever.....not asking too much I dont think.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I said almost the exact thing. Bray tends to stare down a target but he puts the ball where it needs to be. Simms just chucks it in a general direction.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Quick 3 step drops and short easy passes will be Worley's calling card, at least for a half, to get adjusted to the game. Very few people have Bray's arm strength and touch.

17. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

The short 3 step drop back and dink and dunk passing is what Worley was good at in HS. Hopefully he can have some success doing the same thing at this level.

18. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I think Jones was his security blanket more than Moore was but either way you're right. We need a QB that can hit the 5-15 yd passes with his eyes closed. I say screw it, bench Z.Rogers and put Arnett and Rogers on the outside and use Dallas/Young in the slot. That's a lot of speed on the field and those slants should be open all day if the defense is playing zone or man to man.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dallas will be playing outside with Arnett or Young in the slot.

I'm ready for Milton to get on the field and show he sucks worse than ZR. If he does, Saban him and move on.

20. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

Spread guy in HS right? Might be more comfy in the gun...

Worley's not the answer. But then Dooley has no answer at this point.