XBox 360

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kptvol, Oct 23, 2011.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How crucial is getting the 250GB version? Is there stuff you can't do with the 4GB? Can you add memory or use SD cards?

2. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I would never buy the 4GB since the best way to play the games is by installing them on your hard drive. With the 4GB, you wont be able to install most games. Installing to your hard drive will extend the live of your Optical Drive and also cuts down loading times. I would always recommend going to 250GB which has seemed to work fine for me and I install every game that I am currently playinig. Each game install will take about 4.5 - 6 GB of space on your hard drive.

3. SmokeyVol.

SmokeyVol. New Member

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Do these things break down semi-frequently? If so, does Microsoft fix it for you for free?

Not sure buying a used one would be a wise investment.

5. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

+1.....would never buy a used one that is not from a game store that is refurbed. You are just asking to get a shit box or one that has been console banned from Live if you buy one from ebay, craigslist or one from another person directly.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

So if I bought the 4GB and then a 250GB or bigger hard drive, I'd basically have the same thing as a straight up Xbox 250?

Thinking I might buy the 4GB and then a used hard drive.

7. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Yes, as long as the HDD is a 2.0 USB one and that you have it formatted to FAT32

8. WM

WM Active Member

Buy a refurb. New gen is coming out in less than two years.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What about this here? Keep in mind I'll probably only end up getting a handful of games, so I feel like 120gigs would be plenty.

Buy a Cheap Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite

After further review, that site seems scammish, but supposing I locate the same system elsewhere... a good buy?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  10. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I would suggest not buying the elite due to the older chipsets that were on those. Best bet is to buy a refurb from a gamestore, preferably one made after AUG 2010

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hot damn. How much did this thing cost when it first came out? A refurb of a 3-4 year old system shouldn't be pushing 300.

12. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Its a bad deal. Honestly, if you are planning on using an external HDD, I would go with a deal on Amazon for the 4GB newer designed XBOX 360 Slim. Amazon has them for 199.00. Gamestop has the same pricing, but Gamestop is an evil empire and must be stopped.

Here is the link for the Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-4GB-Console/dp/B003O6JKLC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319475643&sr=8-1

Also free 5-7 day shipping for 199.00

13. WM

WM Active Member

Look on Gamestop, they had refurbished 20gb pros for 99 bucks a few months ago. Even though I hate them, that was a pretty good deal.

14. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

They dont have that deal anymore, but if you are dead set on going the refurb route, they have the 4GB refurb slims for 179.99 but with 20 more bones, you could buy the new one

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Probably will just break into someone's house and steal one. Where do you guys live?

16. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I have guns and my teenager knows how to use them.....jus sayin

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

No prob. I'll buy him some beer if he looks the other way.

18. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

She prefers wine coolers

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That's probably the route I'll go then. Seems like I've heard NCAA football sucks. What's the edition that's worth buying?