Michael Beasley v. ****** Malone, et al.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Oct 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'm getting a kick out of watching some of the geniuses in the media talk about Huggins is "implicated" in the scandal because they say he hired Dalonte Hill to get Beasley. Too bad for them that there's absolutely nothing illegal about doing that.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

that's my cut too. Coaches galore have pulled this stunt. It might be shady, but it isn't illegal.

3. hatvol96

It's openly done, it's gone on forever, and there's nothing illegal about it. I remember Dale Brown hiring Ron Abernathy to get Rudy Macklin and Larry Brown hiring Ed Manning to get his son. I wouldn't recommend it, but I also won't criticize it.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't see how there is anything illegal or even "wrong" about it. Risky, perhaps.

5. hatvol96

It certainly doesn't always work. Scott Drew created a new position for Dwon Clifton, John Wall's AAU coach. That didn't turn out too well.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

but, that mistake can be short term.

7. hatvol96

True. Also, I think the fact K State made Hill the highest paid assistant in the country and Turgeon targeted and hired him as soon as he got to Maryland indicates that getting Beasley, while a great benefit, wasn't the only reason Dalonte would get a job at a bigtime program.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

good point. It wasn't totally senseless, like hiring Houston, or anything silly like that.