For some reason....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 27, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

.....I have a very good feeling about Saturday. Don't know why, but I think we're going to show up to play.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

IPO got my hopes up, thinking we got a good shot here. A lot of people thinking the same way. Hopefully no letdown, like the Georgia game.

3. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

For 30 or 60 minutes?

4. =rpvol=

=rpvol= Member

our d has to show up bigtime for this game. they have to hold sc to 17 or so. if that happens, we definitely have a shot.

5. CardinalVol

Feel better about this than I did UGA for some reason. Being as that I've been lead cynic in every single circle I frequent, it's just odd I'd suddenly have a bit of optimism.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

USCe is in the same boat as Tennessee.

The talent on D is better for USCe and no one knows what Worley will do but both have lost the lynchpin for their offense. USCe is using a 5th stringer and an injured point guard to replace theirs while Tennessee is using a Gatorade player of the year.

There's reason for hope.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

USCe can hold themselves to 17 points.

MSU's D isn't much, if any, better than Tennessee's.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is our game. As many problems as we have, they have more. If they were down the 3 stars they are currently down (at RB, at DE, and "star" in the sense of a fifth year senior at QB) earlier, they would have lost at least 2 or 3 more games this year. We've been weathering the storm longer than them and against tougher opponents.

And I think Worley is a poor man's Tyler Bray. He doesn't have the arm strength, but he knows how to make some throws. That may be all we need, since the re-emergence of the running game.

9. CardinalVol

I will be curious to see how SC defends us. I'm guessing their plan is (mine would be anyway) to make the freshman beat you and put 8 or 9 in the box all night and go man outside.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

USCe's DBs aren't very good (I don't give a [uck fay] about the passing D stats, the pass rush causes those, not the DBs for the cocks and if the DL is worried about the running game, it will slow them up).

Da'Rick and Rivera could have a field day if they do that.

11. =rpvol=

=rpvol= Member

they can for sure, but they have also shown this year that they can put up some td's as well. it may have been a different team then. point is we probably won't score much if any over 2 td's and maybe 2 fg's.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The thing is, DBs don't have to be good to shut-down any of our wideouts save Da'Rick.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I know but hopefully Dallas or Milton steps in and makes a difference

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Arnett has his moments. And honestly, knowing that your QB can't get the ball to you probably leads to playing less intensely. Hopefully they will step up for Worley and give him a chance.

I think Worley gets about 250, myself.

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Gilmore has really regressed since his freshman year. Jmo.

16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Worley has to throw it just good enough to open the running game up and move the chains on 3rd down. Our D should be able to hold its own. Don't make mistakes, punting is not always bad.

17. vollygirl

vollygirl Guest

I just keep remember that thought.....you only get so many Tennessee football games in your lifetime.

I'm excited. It's the only option.

18. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

It's because, like Georgia, South Carolina is pure mediocrity. If Tennessee gets swept by those two at home, it says a lot about where the program is now.

19. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

That is a really excellent way to put it. Can I steal this?

20. volinbham

volinbham Member

I expect us to win this game