Your World Series Game 7 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Oct 28, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Since we only get these about once a decade now, it's deserving of it's own thread.

We all know Harrison will be pulled at first sign of trouble. I will be interested to see how much faith LaRussa has in Carp though.

Will also be interested to see if LaRussa makes a lineup change tonight. Maybe bat Skip 1 and move Furcal down in the order.

Ah, this is why I love baseball.

2. CardinalVol

And ticket prices currently are averaging $929 the last I saw.

3. =rpvol=

=rpvol= Member

i am hoping a gamer like carp can give 6 good innings. this is what guys like him live for.

4. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Carpenter on three days rest worries me to death. Still rather have him than anyone else on the roster... but still.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Go to battle with your best.

6. CardinalVol

Agreed, but the only people in Redbird history I can think of that I would rather have on the mound is Gibby and maybe Dizzy.

I hope Whitey throws out the first pitch for some reason since I don't think Musial is physicially able.

7. CardinalVol

If Carp throws a gem tonight, he'll officially be #2 ahead of Dizzy in my book of the Cards greatest pitchers. He needs one for the "baseball lore" category. I'd say this would suffice.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am feeling Rangers tonight. JMO.

9. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

What's better than the final round at Augusta or any other golf major? Better than the Super Bowl? Better than the World Cup final, anything in motorsports, March Madness or any college football game in which Tennessee isn't playing for a national title? Game 7 of the World Series. People say you only get so many Tennessee Volunteers football games in your lifetime. Well, you get a lot fewer Game 7s of the World Series. This has been one of the best World Series I remember. Tony LaRussa vs Ron Washington. Josh Hamilton vs Albert Pujols, in possibly Albert's last game as a Cardinal. David Freese, the hometown hero, what will he do next? Or will Michael Young do something that baseball fans will never forget? How will Chris Carpenter pitch on three days rest? What happens is Harrison gets into trouble early? The Rangers already used the pitcher that should be starting this game as a reliever last night. Tony LaRussa has pulled every right string and made the right call every time since August. Can he do it one more night? Ah, Game 7. It doesn't get any better. Wherever you are, whatever your plans are, you better find a way to tune in to Game 7 tonight. It's the ultimate must see TV.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

how many teams have won after choking away the 6th game? any?

11. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Was '75 really a choke? Ashamed to admit I know no other details of that game other than Fisk's home run and theatrics, but the Reds blow a big lead or leads?

12. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

bernie carbo belongs on the all-name team ....

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I love all the stuff I am hearing today "The Cardinals have all the momentum," "The Rangers will come out flat because they were crushed," etc. etc. Like I said on TOOS, if you can't get up for Game 7 of the World [uck fay]ing Series, you should find a new profession.

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Feel better about the Cards today than yesterday. But Carp on 3 days rest is a potential disaster. Rangers haven't lost two straight in months. Tonight may be their first night.

Still taking the Rangers, though. F the birds.

15. VOLFREAK11

VOLFREAK11 New Member

I've heard some people say they think the cardinals cancelled the game the other day to give Carpenter one more days rest in case they made it to game 7. I dont think thats the case, hell I don't even know if it is the cardinals who got to make the call to cancel it.

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Harrison has been hearing people talk shit about him all week. I think the kid comes out and throws the game of his life.

17. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

You think or you hope?

18. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Hearing the Cardinals postponed that one Tigers/Rangers game as well just because they could.

19. CardinalVol

I am a frigging nervous wreck.

Apparently we will also see cj Wilson tonight.

20. CardinalVol

Apparently the strike zone is the size of a fist.