2012 NJ DE/DT Darius Hamilton

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 29, 2011.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

6' 4" 245 lbs

He's either a 4 or 5 star depending on the recruiting service

Top 4 of: Rutgers, Cal, Florida and Tennessee

He does have an official scheduled.

His parents want him to stay in-state

2. VOLFREAK11

VOLFREAK11 New Member

Is Florida going to have room? I thought a gator fan on VN said they may not have room, maybe he didn't though.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm assuming they would make room because he's legit

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

This is Peter Sirmon's territory. He hasn't missed one yet.

5. VOLFREAK11

VOLFREAK11 New Member

I would think so to, I just thought I saw a gator fan say something of the sort.

6. VOLFREAK11

VOLFREAK11 New Member

Who has he landed from NJ?

7. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I mean he has gotten the folks he has went after so far, like O'Brien.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Oklahoma is coming on strong

9. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Don't know what to say about this guy. At the end of the day I don't see him being a Vol though.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

one of his HS assistant coaches is steve levy, a former cal qb and tedford player. we seem to think we have a legit chance, but seems like a unlikely pull to me.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's mentioned wanting to go to the SEC, wanting to get away from home and then he will say he likes Rutgers because it's close.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him here or Cal or Oklahoma.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Love the contradictory statements of recruits. Clearly, it is anybody's game. You have to like Oklahoma and Florida's chances.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't know about UF. For some reason, I just don't think they're in it as much as the others.

I could be 100% wrong because I don't spend every waking second sending Rivals and Hubbs emails.

It seems, to me anyways, a four team race between Cal, Oklahoma, Rutgers and Tennessee. Cal due to the Tedford connection, Oklahoma because they're Oklahoma, Rutgers because it's home and Tennessee because Sirmon has gotten nearly everyone he's gone after.

Schiano leaving for PSU is one thing to watch for.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Cal is due to tosh lupoi. aka rivals 2010 recruiter of the year. i'm sure levy got the foot in the door, but hamilton's quotes about cal always include a mention about tosh.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

See, that's a pretty big plus for Cal. Lupoi is one of the best recruiters in the business, obviously.

So it's hard to pick a clear front runner.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

tosh has singlehandedly saved tedford's job and hamilton is a great fit for our D. but he'll have an awful lot of guys in front of him on the depth chart.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How does he look at Florida and not see the five jillion five star DL that have gone there and done jack the past few years? How does he look at them and not see a mediocre team that appears to be primed for suck once Brantley, who isn't all that good himself, leaves?

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Cals' depth chart is full, I think. Oklahoma's is solid. Tennessee has immediate playing time.

Please Hamilton?

19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Not sure I would get too worked up here. We seem to be a long shot. Slim chance IMO.