You Friggin people....

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by Chiutfan, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Chiutfan

Chiutfan New Member

Gentlemen, and ladies... , we live in a world that has Games, tough games, , and those Games have to be played by men, who are faster and stronger than the people on the other side of the field. They arent going to get that way at home sucking down soda pops, and just watching the SEC. So who's gonna do it? Dooley has a greater responsibility than any of us could possibly fathom. You weep for Bray,Hunter and curse the Coaches . You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what Dooley knows. That the loses we have this year, while tragic, probably will WIN games going forward. And Dooley's existence, while silly to some, and not some well known name whispered in hollowed halls, by you, will save and win games. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want Dooley on that sideline, you need Dooley on that Sideline. They use words like Rockytop, Big Orange, Smokey, Struggle and every damn day. They use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending the checkerboard, and attacking the opponents endzone. Too often You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very Victories freedom that I know that Dooly will provide, and then questions the manner in which He will provide them. I would rather you just said thank you, high five your buddy and get ready for next year, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a helmet, and take a threee point stand in practice.

2. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Freeeeeeedooooooooommmmmmmmm!

3. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

tex will not be happy with this thread

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I think this thread is saying we should re-elect Obama, but I can't be sure.

5. Chiutfan

Chiutfan New Member

I hope its taken in the kinda kidding vein it was posted in. Sure we're gonna have a tough year, so what... We're still Tennesee damnit. We're going to come back. Anyone who watched flummo sit and stop recruting his last few years, and then watched kiffin idiotic ways... and didnt think we'd have some rebuilding to do is a fool

6. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

The question is, are we really rebuilding? Or are we just sitting there dead in the water with someone who isnt capable at the wheel? Not 100% decided either way, but I dont like the direction we are going. JMO

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Well said.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Dooley has one more year, probably two.

My take at this point as that he's going to do a couple of things. He's going to stabalize the program again and he's going to upgrade the raw talent from where he found it.

Now, at the same time, it's becoming increasingly clear to me that Dooley isn't a championship calliber coach. I don't expect him here in 2014. I just don't. It's going to be a much, much, much different situation that it was in 2008 or Jan 2010, and I think finding a coach that can meet the expectations is going to be much easier.

9. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Wasn't Dooley signed to a 3 year deal? That would mean next year is a make or break season for him.

10. CardinalVol

6 year.

After 2013 season buyout would be 4M. After 2012 it would be 5M.

11. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I cant argue at with this, but I also dont think he is an SEC caliber coach and he is in way over his head. He will give us some transitional stability, but outside of that, I dont think he will ever be able to win more than 8 games here.

12. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Damn, 6 years? What was I thinking? A better question would be what was Mike Hamilton thinking?

13. CardinalVol

That's pretty much where I am. He may pull a Shula in 05 and win 9 or 10, but that's it.

As far as the "overseerer of the program" I think he's done fine all things considered. I just concerned with in-game coaching.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you recall, we were kind of in a bind. Our negotiating timetable was limited.

15. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

More of what I saw Saturday and I will be ready for Hart to order the Code Red.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This is the same boat I'm in

17. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

In a bind or not. A non proven HC getting a 6 year deal? Sheesh, that's crazy. I could see a 4 year deal at the most.

18. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

From here on out it is 3 to earn a 4th for me.

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Just what do you mean by "You people"????????

20. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Agreed. But that's assuming UT is actually willing to spend after 2012 if necessary.