The future of the Tennessee Vols football program (10/30/11)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by WM, Oct 30, 2011.

?

State of the football progam.

1. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 8

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. 7

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. 6

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. 5

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  7. 4

9 vote(s)
    21.4%
  8. 3

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  9. 2

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  10. 1

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. WM

WM Active Member

On a scale of 1-to-10, with 10 being "100 percent confident," and 1 being "no confidence at all," how confident are you in the direction and future of the football program?
    This isn't a Dooley job security poll, just a fan confidence poll of the state of our football program and where it is heading.
    We will revisit this in a new poll at the end of the year and during other notable times during the calendar year.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

We are stuck thinking we are in the 90s.

I'll say 7. Unfortunately a few other teams are 10s. Which means we gonna be behind for a bit.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Put Justin Hunter and Tyler Bray on Vanderbilt's squad and you've got a team better than any Dooley has ever coached.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

5. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

1......I am done being hopeful and making excuses for this staff and the situation they are in. Last night did it for me. South Carolina did everything they could possibly do to try and give us the game, we just didn't seem to want to take it. Our roster isnt very good, but we are even worse in the coaching department. I don't think Dooley is the answer at all, and I think he is in way over his head. On the flip side of that, how bad is it going to be if we have to hire yet another head coach on the next couple of years? Stability was our big problem after Kiffin and they compounded the problem by hiring a JV coaching staff. JMO

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Fulmer gave us stability, too. And was fired about 5 years too late.

I like stability in my marriage, too, but not if that encompasses my wife kicking me in the [penis] each morning and pouring sugar in my gas tank while blowing the neighbors.

At some point, a bad divorce is infinitely better than a bad marriage. Or, civil union - shout out to NYY.

7. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Not the best of time to ask such a question.

I want to believe that with a healthy team they could have won last night and maybe against Georgia and we're feeling a little bit better about things going forward... but I dunno. Went with 4.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If we're talking about adding back Bray and Hunter, what happens if SC gets Lattimore and Garcia?

9. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Lattimore probably runs wild, but perhaps Garcia contributes some turnovers to Tennessee's cause. Not that that helped last night.

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Lattimore makes that game closer to LSU outcome....slow, grinding death.

Had Bray put up more against GA, I'd be more inclined for optimism.

In hindsight, and as nonsensical as it sounds, losing Jackson, Hunter, Lathers and Bray was far worse than even we imagined. Took Wagner off corner and our big hit / big play ability on D (Jackson), took away our QB on D (Lathers), allowed the opposing front 7 to cram the box, roll double to Darrick and have no consistent threat in redzone (Hunter)and the back 4 from worrying about the ball from being thrown more than 20 yards from the line (at least not to one of their D 's that is) (Bray).

11. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I voted 3, which is obviously correct. Those who voted 1 or 2 are simply negavols. Those who voted 4+ just need to let Fulmer go.

12. I think 2, but voted 5.

I voted 5 on the outside hope it can still go either way, but serious staff changes will have to be made. Honestly, I don't think Dooley will make any changes.

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

That is precisely why I voted 7. Moving away from Fulmer means we are going in the right direction. We are just on a detour on the highway, instead of taking the interstate.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, long term, Dooley is bringing in some good ball players. Maggitt and Johnson are both future studs. Coleman went toe to toe with Hunter all spring and shut him down. Randolph is a player as well.

3 years from now, with or without Dooley at the helm, there will be plenty of talent. The right coach (Bob Stoops is about ready for a change iyam jmo imo) puts Tennessee back at least as a legit SEC East contender.

Throw in an AD that has to impress or he'll be unemployable, the future isn't too bad.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I put 5, thinking bigger picture like Justin. Dooley himself, more like a 3.

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Seriously? I feel like I haven't heard much of him.

17. =rpvol=

=rpvol= Member

i'll go 4. i'd say good chance next year is dooley's last.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Seriously. I thought he was going to be a huge part of the defense

19. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

So what happened? Have I completely missed an injury. Because our secondary has looked completely lost at times.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Got burned really badly a couple of times for huge gains and he was benched.