Some recruiting stuff

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by HamptonVol, Aug 16, 2011.

1. HamptonVol

HamptonVol New Member

please don't post this stuff on other sites cuz i really don't want it getting out. i will keep posting some info i get on here as long as it doesn't start getting out.

Croom is a Vol.

It looks likes Drae Bowles is going to be a Safety for the VOLS instead of WR as of right now. He is ## on the DB board behind only Landon Collins.

The coaches like where we are sitting right now with Darius Hamilton. Not that we are leading or anything, but they feel like they have a chance of getting him and that we are in on him more than anyone thinks.

The McNeil commitment was a surprise yesterday. They really felt he was going to Okla St.

We have 3 of the top # LBs on our board committed with Santos (##), Peters (##), and King (##). Henderson is ##.

We have 3 of the top # DBs on our board committed with Bowles (##), McNeil (##), and Crawley (##).

The staff loves Peterman. They have him as the #2 QB on the board behind only Kiel. They think he is alot better than Pike.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2011
  2. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

No worries

Appreciate the info

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm banned from other boards, don't worry. You might as well be posting this on Hellen Keller's facebook wall, as far as I'm concerned.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

You wouldn't have any thoughts on what the DT picture looks like, going forward would you?

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Praying UM doesn't offer O'Brien and Tomlinson can qualify.

6. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I do think that should be part of the code around here. If someone says their info stays here, it does. Any violator should be shown the cyberdoor.

7. HamptonVol

HamptonVol New Member

i am really not sure what O'Brien's thinking right now. we lead for Ryan Watson and he is a top 200 Rivals guy. if we could get those 2, anything else would be gravy.

we are in on Tomlinson, McCullers, Valentine, and somebody else i'm forgetting and will fight for them till the end.

if Bama decides they don't have room for McCullers (which some think is the case) then i think the VOLS are the team to beat. but he has qualifying questions too.

8. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

What's the numbers scenario looking like right now?

9. HamptonVol

HamptonVol New Member

the thing is, i really don't want a ton of people to know that i know what the actual board looks like and especially that stuff about Bowles cuz he is apparently under the impression he is going to play WR and that could piss him off.

and obviously, i don't want the people i am getting this info from to be fired.

10. HamptonVol

HamptonVol New Member

looking like 22-25 counting Tino and Bullard.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

HV,

You should probably keep most of it to yourself if you don't want it out there. This is a public board and will grow in membership over time. I think you can reasonably well trust the folks on here today and the moderator crew is solid, but there isn't a ton we can do to assure you that someone like OWB won't roll up in here and act like an utter fool

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

So what is given as "unrepeatable" is such under pain of banishment.

And if someone in the know is in doubt of whether to post something, don't feel pressure to share sensitive information. This is a board for adults. We can wait to hear the news when it breaks.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Exactly IP.

I like the info and like that Lord Vader rolled up in here, but don't want him to put anything on the line for the site.

Glad you're here LV.

14. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Agree 100%. Love the info, but don't want him to get into any trouble by posting sensitive stuff. If he feels ok enough to post it, I'll take it.

15. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

If its something he wants a few of us to know, he can always PM. If we leak it, then the hammer can fall on us

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That's pretty [uck fay]ed up for a staff that prides itself on being "real" with recruits. Now, if they've suggested that he could play DB here then alright. However, if they sold him on WR and are really planning to put him at DB then it's a different story.

17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Firstly, love the avatar.

Secondly, I agree. It's kind of messed up if they didn't say upfront there is a chance he plays DB. Dooley has seemed to be upfront with past recruits, which leads me to believe Bowles knows there is a chance.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Here's what happens in these situations: The coaches want a kid at one position but the kid wants to play on the other side of the ball.

The kid comes in, runs at the position he wants to play at and sees he's never going to see the field. He then decides he wants to see the field and changes spots.

Or another thing they do is give the player some unattainable goal (a certain 40 time or staying a certain weight). Then, they can say, hey you didn't do this so now you have to change positions.

Very few coaches just flat out lie to players anymore.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yes sir! DX came about around the same time I was toward the end of my wrestling watching days, so I followed that for a bit

20. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Figured that Dooley would be upfront about it. Thanks for the clarification.