2012 FL RB Mario Pender

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Nov 2, 2011.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

mario pender.jpg

Tennessee was supposedly his first offer

Committed to FSU but coming here for an official visit with his teammate Jordan Diggs, a safety who is not committed to anyone

Here's some highlights of Pender:

[video=youtube;ZoAPp0st4Fc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoAPp0st4Fc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

2. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I think this would be a stretch but you never know. Hopefully he (and Diggs) enjoy their visit. Both would be great additions.

3. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Hope we land this kid. He could be that star running back we need.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's got to have some legit interest to come watch Tennessee play MTSU.

I don't expect him to be a Vol, but if you manage to snag a RB away from Eddie Gran without a RB coach, that's a hell of a job

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

He apparently was very very impressed with his visit. He is also an EE, so we will know something in December.

6. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

if depth chart is a major factor for him, it could get interesting. he'd be #2 at a minimum as soon as he set foot on campus with a shot at major PT next year. tos saying both pender/diggs really enjoyed their visits, but who doesn't?

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Diggs is going to be hell to get through the clearinghouse and Tennessee seems to have terrible luck in getting kids through.

Any time a kid transfers more than once, it throws up red flags.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've never took the time to prove this, but it seems staying close to home and playing time decide where most elite guys go. How close are you to the house with the best chance of playing early? The school that offers that usually gets their fair share of "elite" guys.

Then you have a school like Alabama that guarantees if you start, you'll find an NFL roster (at least it seems that way).