Poythress Final 5: We Aren't In It.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Aug 16, 2011.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Kentucky, Duke, Florida, Memphis, and Vanderbilt. If he chooses any of the first three, I won't read anything into his choice. Should he go to one of the in state schools, my concerns about Martin's ability to get the kind of horses needed to win at the highest level will begin.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Do you think Martin would have had a shot if this wasn't his first year? Some people on VN are saying, for whatever reason, that he is making pretty good ins with Stokes.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I never thought for a moment we had a chance, but you make a valid point about the in-state rivals.

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I think it's almost impossible to get an elite you've only been recruiting for that short a period. However, getting beaten out by Cal, K, or Donovan is one thing. Losing to Lil' Josh or Stallings is another.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'm not sure losing him to Vandy would be such a surprise at this point either. They've gotten the best two players from Mid Tenn in the last two classes and are going to win this year. Vandy getting him over us wouldn't shock me, but beating out UK or Duke would absolutely shock me.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Have you heard any news about Stokes recruitment regarding where we are with him?

7. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Not a big surprise. Hope Martin can recruit, we'll see.

8. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

I wouldnt be too concerned with Vanderbilt. He is intelligent and might want to stay close to home.

Also, rumor in Memphis is that he wants to go to school with his sister. His sister is a legitimate volleyball recruit. You want to guess which one of those five recently offered his sister a vball scholly?

9. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Stokes is gaining interest in Arkansas. Stokes also finds out today or tomorrow if he will be eligible at the high school he is currently enrolled at. If he doesnt get eligible then a lot of things could happen including early graduation from high school however its highly unlikely.