The Section 103 Postgame Report.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Nov 7, 2011.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

1. Have to start by commenting on the three point shooting. The perimeter players shot it with confidence and did so judiciously.
    2. Great start by UT tonight. The first eight minutes were high quality basketball.
    3. LMU looked a little star struck by the moment early. They were really shaky with the ball.
    4. Trae Golden looks like a totally different player this season. I'm excited to see how he fares against Duke's guards in Maui.
    5. This team is still very loose with the ball. They don't pass, catch, or dribble it with any real efficacy.
    6. Prepubescent girls dancing to a 25 year old Whitney Houston song is halftime gold. Whoever is booking these acts is really on fire.
    7. Kenny Hall is going to have to be stronger with the ball. He fumbled himself out of multiple scoring opportunities.
    8. Jeronne Maymon again exploited a strenhth and size advantage to have a big game. It's going to be interesting to see how he approaches things when he's playing similarly sized forwards.
    9. LMU is a really good D-II team. Once they got their feet under them, they showed why they'll be a national title contender.
    10. Bryce Drew is wearing the ugliest sport jacket since Wimp Sanderson left the sidelines. The Herb Tarlek look isn't becoming on a D-I head coach.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Golden looked like he wanted to take it strong to the hole every time. That's promising.

I think Yemi might be a quality addition. You?

3. hatvol96

As with Maymon, I want to see how he plays when he doesn't have a decided physical advantage.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Cuonzo already seems to prefer him to Miller.

5. hatvol96

That's because Miller is a complete stiff.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I could see Yemi growing into a player by the time he gets out of here. Really like the way Maymon gets after it, and it appears he's made a dramatic turnaround from the FT line.

Kenny Hall has been very disappointing to me through these 2 exhibition games. He did reel in some rebounds tonight, but he's got to stay out of foul trouble, and like Hat said he's got to be stronger with the ball and quit putting it on the floor, too.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

And the defensive effort was outstanding first 8-10 minutes. They'll have something if they can build on that.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I said when we picked him up that he might pan out with time. His video's showed some promise. IMO

fyi- talking about Yumi Macaroni

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011