Now, you are ready for the truth: Fire Dooley.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by The Last Vol, Nov 13, 2011.

1. The Last Vol

The Last Vol New Member

Since I found this site, I have been correctly predicting how this season would unfold. I correctly predicted that Dooley would not win here.

Face the fact that Dooley should be terminated as soon as a replacement can be found.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Fire Dooley? There are some that my agree with you, but it is way too early to be talking about firing Dooley.

I don't think we have the backing of the heavy boosters to even think about starting a payout and hiring process. I could be wrong though, but I think Dooley has at least two more years.

He still has a chance to make a bowl this year, and get a few extra weeks with his young players. He has, for the first time in his career, a good set of returning players with more experience and, hopefully, less injury prone. The schedule won't be that much different, but on the plus side, the East still won't be that much different either.

Depending on how Vandy goes, though, especially if Bray returns... I don't know.

Maybe someone else can make a good case for keeping him around that isn't a "wait and see" reason.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Even with all my griping, I never once have said 'Fire Dooley'. It may become necessary at some point, but we're not there yet. He seems to be starting to lose some of the wait and see folks. I hope he can turn it around. I'm just not convinced he can at this time.

4. fl0at_

Vandy will be the best judge of his game scheming. I don't see how anyone can argue youth, depth, talent, etc, against two teams that match up so evenly.

Just based on teams played, offensive and defensive ranking, etc, Tennessee and Vandy are nearly neck and neck in all categories, regardless of Tennessee's youth. I think Tennessee's talent makes up for that in comparison to Vandy. Vandy has hung around with some good teams lately, but they are still Vandy.

When you have a good comparison team to play against, I think we see Dooley's ability to scheme and manage the club. If he fails to beat Vandy, I don't think I can make an argument that he'll do better with time.

I really think this game will be a true test of how he will stack up against similarly matched opponents. I think the key here, though, is Bray and whether he returns. Vandy puts points on the board, even against decent defenses. We haven't done that in quite a while.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee matched up very well with UGA and USCe too.

6. WM

WM Active Member

The youngest team in the Pac-12 just beat one of the better teams in that conference. How the [uck fay] does that happen?

7. fl0at_

And I think everyone had USC penciled in as a loss (why?) and UGA as a win, right? UGA was a fargin' hell of a let down for the fan base. A lot of people felt they (who have won the East, barring Kentucky), were a win for the Vols, while SC, who beat UGA head to head, was a loss. So, what changed? Did we expect to be out coached by USC, and out play UGA, or... what?

If we match up well against UGA and SC, what was the reasoning behind taking one for a win and one for a loss, why not both as wins or both as losses?

8. fl0at_

5 turnovers?

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Who are you talking about? What PAC-12 team? Oregon? They aren't young at all.

I made a big to-do about the "wait and see" aspect of dealing with Dooley and I'm not going to go 12 year girl reactionary like so many of the Vol fans tonight. However, as of now, we enter the "No Bullshit" phase of Dooley's time as coach. He is past the obvious mismatches in the conference. Now, we have two teams he should beat and then we go into year 3. From here on out, it's reasonable to expect results.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  10. WM

WM Active Member

I was speaking of the Arizona St/ Washington St game.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm so scared of Vanderbilt right now I want to kill myself for the absurdity of it.

12. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

how this season has unfolded has surprised no one. Dooley came into a bad situation. Lane Kiffin left UT under a cloud of allegations surrounding him and the threat of NCAA sanctions. No established coach wanted to walk into that shitstorm no matter how much UT was willing to offer.

You're out of your [uck fay]ing mind if you think firing Dooley after two seasons is going to make UT an attractive destination to anybody except maybe a handful of coaches from the OVC.

13. TRUVOL

TRUVOL New Member

He's only been here 2 years toolbag. Plus with all the injuries this year this team has faced I'm sure it has nothing to do with it huh? If there were no injuries and everyone was healthy I'm sure our record would be different. Speculating of course but my opinion. My thoughts if we don't open a [uck fay]in can next year then something is up.At the most Give Dooley until Bray,Hunter,Rogers graduate. If there is no improvement then he should be off like jewish foreskin.

14. I'll put it like this. It is more than obvious this is a poorly coached team. There need to be some serious staff evaluations and changes at the end of the season.

15. USAF_Vol

USAF_Vol Super Mod / Defender of Freedom

Same here. Vandy has been riding high by keeping them close, almost pulling upsets. We've been on the receiving end of big bully beatdowns. I have very little faith we win. It makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think Vandy comes out swinging and plays aggressive to take a lead. UT staff freaks, goes into a shell, and allows Vandy to acquire a comfy lead. A few quarters later they decide to put the whole game on Worley's shoulders, who can't handle the pressure and it ends up getting worse.

17. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

the last vol also predicted that UT needed to start Simms if we had any chance. how'd that work out for ya?

18. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Fair enough...that's where I am. Due to consecutive recruiting failures and destabilizing coaching turnover this season was going to happen regardless the coach. Next year we should be past all of that with a decent Junior class, a strong and battle tested Sophomore class and if this class finishes strong should provide a few additional pieces. We should be able to smack some quality teams in the mouth next year. If we can't than I'll begin to question staff's ability to raise this program.

19. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

I'm not impressed with Dooley but Hunter/Bray being healthy would totally change things. Does anyone really think we need our fourth coach in five years?

1 person likes this.
  20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Washington St. is not a young team, nor is ASU a good one.