Tyler Bray - "Not even close"

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Nov 15, 2011.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

University of Tennessee Athletics: Football

Ugh.

[video=youtube;AIHrudLLDrc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIHrudLLDrc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

2. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

He hasn't practiced in 5 weeks. No shit that he isn't game ready. Probably won't be game read on Saturday either.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

GD'it kpt, feed the dog.

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

For the first time (at least that I have noticed) DD kinda lost it a little bit. It seemed like this season and how it is going is starting to wear on him. Maybe Im reading too much into it, but he seemed very edgy.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah, he was kind of being an ass when they asked him how Bray was doing. That's a pretty legitimate question for your biggest star's first day back from injury, Derek.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's pissed because he's starting to get gray hair

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

That's more like it.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Yeah, Beech, he was pissed. It was a pretty simple question. No reason to be pissy. A bunch of people would like to have a bit of hope that we can win an SEC game (finally) against a historical cellar dweller. Seems DD is picking up on the bad vibes from the faithful. That may have some positive impact. Maybe he will do some serious staff evaluations

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

It's almost as if CDD has been told what's up.

And it isn't his stock.

10. JayVols

Mamma Dooley won't be pleased......

11. hatvol96

Maybe he's figured out that the level of incompetence he and his staff exhibited in the South Carolina and Arkansas games is grounds for immediate termination.

12. hatvol96

She needs to take "Precious" with her back to Athens and shut the hell up.

13. JayVols

I don't think they make socks or anything else big enough to shove in her mouth to shut her up.

14. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Saw some photos from the practice earlier today on the UT site... and it looked like he was grimacing with each throw. I didn't read too much into it or whatever, but that makes sense.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah, I'm no QB guru, but in those first couple of throws he kind of looks like he's pushing the ball out of there. Not getting the same arm extension he used to have. Not sure he'll be able to do 40+ passing plays or if he'll even play well enough to where we'll want to call that many.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Would take multiple beach towels. And even then, it might not work.

17. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

I have little doubt that he will play. Maybe this will force Chaney's hand on the deep routes, and they will move to spreading the ball around with short passes. Might be fun to watch.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2011
  18. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

The real question is whether or not Bray is better than Worely with his current status/limitations? He may not be able to throw the deep ball as well but I think what separates him from Worley would be the decision making and reads.

19. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I'm not sure how that will work out. It has looked to me like decision making and reads are the areas of Bray's game that need the most improvement, masked somewhat by his laser, rocket arm and tremendously athletic receivers bailing him out when he forces throws.

20. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

They could definitely use improvement, but I think he's miles ahead of Worley in that department. We can't have untimely turnovers this week because of bad decisions or reads.