Dooley, if you want me to think you have the stones to run this program...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Nov 27, 2011.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

then ship Hiestand/Chaney off, Hire Porter as RB coach, and hire a competent OC coach as well as OL coach.

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I think Harry is gone. Got a feeling Chaney stays, and he drops Russell maybe.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Best case scenario would be he fires HH, JC, ER and hires Porter, a big name OC and someone fo help joseph. Dooley can coach TE's and we can get a good GA for special teams.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I remember around the time Kiffin left a certain VN phony insider suddenly realized he'd always hated Lane and made a lot of posts about how his sources "in the know" had told him all about how Chaney was doing most of the big time playcalling, coordinating, and QB development. Yeah, sure looks that way now. USC is killing it and we look like we're making plays up on the fly.

Looking back at what Chaney has done and how he's been successful, he seems like more of a guy that can help out as an assistant OC. Joe Tiller ran the offensive show at Purdue, and Chaney I'm sure helped him out with practice and other little things with the offense while Tiller did bigger picture stuff. Same scenario with Lane Kiffin in 2009. Now that he's the head honcho of the offense, we see he's more effective in a supportive role.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Who was this insider?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't know that it is Sabanochio he is referring to, but he had similar changes of heart. He used to ride Kiffin's nuts as hard as anyone, then suddenly changed his tune.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

IP is correct.

IP likes this.
  8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Not taking up for Chaney but Barkley could make Mike Locksley look good.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Barkley made Crompton look accurate his freshman year

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Barkley made Crompton look accurate his freshman year

11. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Barkley is talented, no doubt... but the progress he's made under Kiffin is ridiculous.

Still don't think it's better than the job Kiffin did in turning Crompton around from '08 to '09, though. Barkley may well have been this good anyway, but we'll never know.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Barkley was an average starting QB before Kiffin, imo. He's made him into a legit first-rounder.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

As of today, you coudl convince me he's a better prospect than Luck.

Yeah, I said a negative word about Luck. Sue me.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Barkley turns the ball over a lot but has a much stronger arm.

Luck is a much better athlete that doesn't have near the talent around him Barkley does.

I think I would still take Luck, but the gap has closed a lot since the beginning of the season

15. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I remember getting ripped on VN by LWS and his boy because I expressed my feelings that Chaney was a hack.

16. LWS reports a coaching change may or may not be on the horizon.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I actually thought he'd be OK and was pleased Dooley retained him. Was way off on that one.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I thought Chaney was handcuffed by Simms and fell in love with the deep ball because it worked. I would have bet a lot of money on being a physical run team in 2011. I was wrong.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Barkley was going to be just as good under Pete's staff. To think he was going to be a heisman as a fresman is stupid.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Can I not exaggerate?