Dave Hart is doing a great job per Dave Hooker

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by justingroves, Apr 24, 2014.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

http://www.tnsportsradio.com/2014/04/23/harts-problems/

Unless you're Cuonzo

I think this article is a crock of shit myself.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Weren't we just told finances were not an issue by Hart himself?

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

BS imo

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Dumb part is pretending hiring on the cheap in the revenue sports saves money in the end. Want to cut the budget? I'm sure the lady vols have some fat to cut. Want to be a fiscally profitable AD, win.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Dave Hooker, and I realize this is pretty obvious, is a ****ing moron.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The consensus between the dumbasses is that saving money on hires makes you money in the long-term.

7. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

It's ****ing retarded.

The athletic department has well over $100MM in revenue coming in every year, a number that is just going to get bigger with SECTV. To pretend that saving $500k, or $1MM, or $10MM on cost cutting the coaches is insane. In fact, it's the one [dadgum]ed thing you can do to **** up the situation--cause ticket revenue and donations to dry up because we suck at everything.

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

This is all well and good until you've hired ppl who can't win in this conference and your ass is fired. Then nobody gives a **** what you're doing big picture for the AD.

9. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

What a crock of sh*t.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Don't let a nickel hold up making a dollar.

I wish that they'd just tell the truth. They want yes men, and don't want to give up their control and power to the can't fail coach. That's why Jon Gruden isn't at Tennessee coaching, because they knew he'd be king of the university and their egos couldn't handle it.

11. Hart is doing a very good job.

Even with the influx of SEC cash, UTAD cannot just pay a guy bank after telling the academic side that they cannot pay up what they used to. That would not fly.

Yes, Gruden is dying to coach, but Tennessee, Texas, USC, and a large number of NFL teams just keep blowing it.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You do realize in the overwelming majority of other programs that the general fund gives money TO the athletic department, not the other way around. Tenn is still one of the richest programs in the country.

13. Yes, I realize that. Do you realize it's completely irrelevant to UT's situation?

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Poor poor alabama. Spending a bunch of money on a coach really backfired.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomvanr...f-nick-saban-everyone-wants-to-go-to-alabama/

2012 produced revenue of $124.5 million and profit of $19.4 million, according to data from USA Today, up from $67.7 million in revenue and $7.1 million in profit in 2007. Football accounts for about two-thirds of all revenue and $45 million in profit, while the school’s other sports teams collectively lose money.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Why is it irrelevant?

16. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Hart is 92 years old with no ties to the area and nobody likes him.

This is his last job, and he doesn't care if people think he's an ******* when he leaves it. What's more, was hired because of those qualities.

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This.

And his sticking us with Tyndall might be his last main act, before retiring to FL.

18. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I don't want him here. Let him retire to Arizona, or Alabama. Just be gone.

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Look. It's Dave Hart's [penis] sucker again...

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I thought his last act was going to be to try and get Rick Hart as AD here?