How derailed is the Cain Train?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Nov 16, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Shortly after achieving front-runner status, he was hit with the sexual allegations. Those didn't seem to hurt him too much within his party.

But this latest gaffe concerning foreign policy and Libya may have finally took him off the tracks.

Thoughts? I think he has suddenly become borderline unelectable, to Gingrich's gain.

Perry and Cain's rapid decline has led to the relative rise of Gingrich and Ron Paul. It's going to be a very interesting Primary, and we still aren't even there yet.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Cain was never electable. He was a trying for a Cinderella story. I mean... CEO of Godfather's pizza? Yea, no.

It is, has always been and will continue to be so, Romney's to lose.

3. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

not a big fan of Romney, however Cain doesn't have a chance

4. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

as much as I like Cain, he is suffering from the same delusion that afflicts the Libertarian Party. He thinks that, despite never having held elective office, he can attain the Presidency on sheer personality and a compelling personal story.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I can't take Cain seriously after the Libya question debacle, and the response to a reporter about it later of "999." He looked like an imbecile.

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

The perks of leading the poles too early.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think it is also a lack of depth in the candidates, when the magnifying lense of being "the leader" comes over you. Happened to Perry, too.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

agreed. it's the lack of a candidate. any guy with a pulse that looks good in a suit gains the lead until he opens his mouth.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

It has been several years since we have had a genuine, bona fide leader to vote for. It's a joke what D's and R's are rolling out the garbage candidates they are trying to sell. No wonder we are in the predicaments that we find ourselves.

10. Didn't you say there was actually a possibilty of you voting for Obama?

If looking like an imbecile is a reason not to vote for someone, Obama has given at least "999" reasons.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I won't vote for anyone that would force a conservative social agenda on this country, i.e. Bachmann. I stand by that. Luckily, it looks like you Conservatives are smart enough to see she is an empty suit.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Debates are kind of overrated and a poor judge of who wins the nomination though. I suppose they could sink a truly horrible candidate, but no Republican candidate since Goldwater really thrived in the debate setting, and he won less than 40 percent of the vote. It's about campaigning, having a good ground game, and enough money to make it through the season.

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I would say the most important aspect in today's politics is the last item you listed, Jo- MONEY.........

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maybe in general, but debates are almost everything for me.

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

In the national election they can be turning points for sure. I am not sure they matter much in primary season, other than to whittle the candidate pool a little. I agree, though, I like them and it helps me in my decision...

16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Rasmussen has Gingrich at +13. They were spot on with Perry, weeks before all the other polls caught up. Could be an interesting shift by January.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

And with the latest allegations, he is done. I halfway expect it to be official by weekend's end.

The pros to this is the GOP is essentially left with a two man race for the nomination. And I'm guessing most Cain supporters are going to move to Gingrich's camp.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ron Paul supporters have dubbed such voters as "pro-adulterers."

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

"My wife didn't know about this last woman."

Haha, say it ain't so, Herman.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

If they need a messiah, find Jesus. We need a President.