Eric and Other Site Posters

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

A few of us were talking the other day, and someone remarked about how well Eric has done as a member here (the 8th), how he's largely moved beyond much of his silliness and the scrapes from VN, and that he now sees him as a good guy and solid poster around here. Several others readily agreed.

In fact, whenever someone asks if we would genuinely welcome members from other sites, even if they had a particularly contentious relationship with some here on another board - Eric is my go-to example of how entirely possible it is to do. Call it what you will, but I like Eric being here, and take some pride in the fact that he is a regularly contributing member, just like everyone else. And, as it turns out, he neither required some heavy-handed mods to "protect" him, nor have any posters here required as much, in being constrained and admonished.

Why mention this?

Well, first, because its true. But as importantly, because there was a time when Eric and Sab were seen as one in the same. But that time has come and gone. And I just wanted to recognize that dynamic - both for Eric, and you guys - and say how cool that is to me.

And, this raises an interesting question:

What posters (username, site where you know them from) from other sites do you feel would be best or least suitable and/or capable of coming here, and fit in, and why?

What poster (username, site where you know them from) would you most like to see begin to post here, and why (for well or ill).

This could go in a lot of directions, for the truly brave and most honest amongst us.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

BrowneyeSmasher17" is a good poster at one of the other boards I post at.

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

What happened to Wounded Mullet? Not sure he counts but this seems like a good place to ask.

4. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

He's WM here, IIRC.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

The 8th needs Marc Maggard.

utv#

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

And to be serious for a moment...

Eric does deserve kudos. He's hung around, took some lumps and has held his own. Many have hung it up for much, much less.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

WM had another young'n and started school iirc

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I like Vols & shaft over at SEC rant.

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Eric "pulling the wool" I see.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I don't always agree with eric, but I've always thought he was a good and decent guy. I'm happy to have him here.

Now, for some interesting takes on matters, I'd like to see trut from toos here.

11. Tenacious D

Yes, he is.

12. Tenacious D

No idea who that is.

What site and why her/him?

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Marc Maggard used to write about UK basketball, and brought his frosted tips and knowledge to VN for a while.

-LMFSM

14. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

MM was on the VN. he always signed his posts "MM"

15. Tenacious D

All true, but even more than "took his lumps" - he not only had the balls required just to come here (considering the scrapes he had with many of us, elsewhere), which most can't even do that, but he didn't even try to [itch bay] out with some silly alias. You knew who he was the moment he signed in.

And THEN he took his lumps for some of the stupid shit he had previously done (again, elsewhere), but no different than anyone else gets throttled for stupid shit we all do, here.

And while he certainly seems to be a little wiser now, its not like he has had to become someone he is not, nor do I think he would do so, even if pressured.

There's something to be said for that, IMO.

16. Tenacious D

Why would you want them here?

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Very much so.

You have a way with words, daddy.

18. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Sometimes we are like a dog with a bone and Eric weathered the storm. Kudos.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm a fan of TRUT. Smart due that really looks at things differently.

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

He's great at kicking the beehive.