The workout thread(Weighlifting/Running)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lylsmorr, Aug 17, 2011.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It seemed to be pretty popular on TOOS so I figured why not combine the two and make one here.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Without govols/cc to tell everyone how weak they are and how strong he is, there's no point.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Well, shit. You're right. My e-muscles aren't big enough to be able to post in this thread anymore, I suppose.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Won't be big timing for a while, and nowhere near paulsine, but I'll start.

2.1 miles

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I put in two miles on Sunday and did a chest workout last night.

This morning when I woke up, I felt like someone had beaten the absolute shit out of me. My legs and chest are incredibly sore

6. fl0at_

Sounds like you did it right.

7. WM

WM Active Member

Say your prayers, eat your well done steak, and drink your burnt beer brother.

8. Tex_Volfan.

Tex_Volfan. Only Mod Approved Posts

I'll light this [itch bay] up!

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I'm getting back on the horse. Got back out of shape with the combination of working full time, a wife on bed rest, a 17 month old and operating my mowing business. It's time. Put on 15 pounds fast.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I know the feeling of putting on weight quick. Happened to me over a 3 month span. Now I have to bust my tail to lose it

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Wait until you get married and kids come around. Time consuming little jackwagons. It's well worth it though.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  12. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

this thread will be weak without Billy's input in here

13. fl0at_

How far into CrossFit did you get, Snake?

14. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Not far, he's a [itch bay].

15. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

i didn't do it very long. once i'm done with my treatments i'm going back. right now i'm just doing the Mentzer HIT program

16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

How do you like that? I just would hate only being in the gym once every 8 days or so.

17. fl0at_

CrossFit is intense. I did... one ... half of a workout with a couple of the dudes that started a "chapter" in my area. Anyone that can stick with that shit has some serious desire.

18. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

i actually workout 3 times a week. i do chest/back on saturday/legs on sunday and shoulders/arms on wednesday. for me that's enough time for the soreness to leave. i actually like it a lot

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've got to get back at it myself.

My right shoulder and left elbow are all kinds of screwed up so there will be no heavy lifting for me though.

20. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

I feel your pain. I've been lifting for a long time but with a baby due, full-time job, coaching basketball (my other job), trying to move and buy a house it seems like life is starting to get in the way!