NCAA '12 8thMaxim Dynasty

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by IP, Aug 17, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd like to get this thing rolling. It'd be nice to have at least 8 slots filled up before Sunday and then I set it up.

Please also resubmit your preferred top 5 teams of the ones available, Bearcat, Mason, Bass, and anyone else.

This is my plan, for the MURDER Dynasty:

Sim style dynasty. If you don't know what it means, google it. Basically, play a game of football on your xbox, don't play xbox with football. Aim to style your playing for realism.

Still don't quite know what is expected of you? Then don't bother joining.

The conference will be a "Super SEC." Vanderbilt will be removed. These teams will be added:

Texas A&M, TCU, Virginia Tech, North Carolina, and Clemson.

Florida and Alabama will be off-limits. Players with national titles will not get 6 star programs.

Each player will independently construct a list of their top 5 preferred teams. Each player will honestly state their accomplishments, if any, in the Duck/Harry/Roses dynasty history. Each player will provide 3 to 5 sentences describing their plan or vision of what sort of offensive style they plan on running.

Once at least 7 players besides me have done this, I will

1) rank players from most accomplished to least
    2) independently create a 2 or 3 team "offers" for each individual ***these offer lists will be tweaked behind the scenes depending on changing availability***
    3) Players will pick from offers in the reverse-order of their determined skill/accomplishment rank.

players who have consistently performed at the bottom of the pile can expect at least one 6 star offer.

Players with multiple national titles can expect at least one 5 star program. No one will be screwed over.

This system is intended to do the following:

1) no extreme recruiting ability disparities
    2) Easy to manage yet fair scheduling
    3) A good number of human games
    4) Several high profile yet reasonable teams on the table
    5) No extreme differences in teams (i.e. Arizona State recruiting in the same dynasty as Florida, USC, and LSU.)

Guys, this could be awesome if you get it a chance and don't act like women about it.

Plus the name/acronym I came up with is totally bad-ass.

If you're interested, let me know.

Men who are men:

Bearcat- Clemson
    Wounded Mullet- LSU
    Bassmanbruno- UGA
    Mason- Arkansas

Cowards who won't play unless they have the top team:

you

Will start assigning teams soon.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  2. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Tcu
    Clemson
    Arky
    Va tech
    aTm

3. WM

WM Active Member

Remembering.
    1. LSU
    2.Auburn
    3.Clemson
    4.Georgia
    5. TCU

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Your first choices are granted.

5. WM

WM Active Member

volball's recruiting class and player progression results were [uck fay]ing unreal tonight. There is no way he can lose until he gets bumped in two seasons.
    Also, i believe three of the users had their coaches fired. There is a glitch where you can't play your bowl game at the end of the season, i think it was the custom playbook glitch? It's a mess.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  6. mason3132

mason3132 New Member

Ark
    Ga
    Ut
    Mtsu
    Fl state

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Damnit. I had my eye on Arkansas. Granted, Mason.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I remembered Bass's list and gave him the highest available. I'd like at least 3 more guys. I am also going to go ahead and reveal my top 5, and let you guys pick my team.

Here's what I had before we started:

1)ARKANSAS
    2)LSU
    3)Virginia Tech
    4)Auburn
    5)aTm

Current signed up members can just vote.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

We'll be sure to let them patch bowl season before playing it. LSU is the only sure-fire powerhouse, and I let you have them because you traditionally have struggled in these dynasties. This should give you the chance to be highly competitive.

10. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

If I do jump in this one, I will probably have to drop either Ducks or Masons(probably masons because it might fall apart anyway) due to the Madden franchise and FIFA, NHL, and BF3...........I would be pissed that I would be spending all that money if I hadnt already decided I was going to Mod my box again :)

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Duckman's may yet fall apart. Volball is going to own you all for the duration. I warned and warned about it with him specifically.

12. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Whoever's idea it was to allow him to have a team like LSU and me to have a team like Stanford is an idiot.

13. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

TCU wasnt my first choice, I just listed it first. My first choice would actually be Clemson

14. mason3132

mason3132 New Member

I would say after off season when vb raped its going to be tuff. Offseason was also glitchy CPU added 5 extra wrs to my team and 7 extra rbs. The game is bad right now.

15. WM

WM Active Member

Was more a perfect storm of bad luck, bad choice of teams in play and a glitchy game.
    Florida should have never been left in play.
    One of the worst users getting the first pick and locking into one of the worst user teams.
    Leaving it open for someone as good as volball getting LSU.

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I wish I had this game so I could do this.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

You can have Clemson then

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Jesus. I am definitely not buying it if I have to use Clemson.

19. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

ummmm, I said I wanted Clemson

20. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Mod your box