Downtown Knoxville

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kptvol, Aug 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Favorite restaurants and/or bars?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Mirage used to be my go-to first date place. I also like the Bistro. Nothing classes a joint up like a naked chubby Victorian lady.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Where ever I'm sober enough to be served.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm a fan of Nama's and the Bistro.

Preservation Pub was fun but I didn't start going there until I was about a month from graduating.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I was the same way with the Pub. Thinking of hitting it up again now that I'm back. My regular place was Downtown Grill and Brewery. I was also fond of MacLeods (had a friend that pronounced it Mac-Lee-Odds) and was sad to see it go.

6. egotistical

egotistical New Member

I've only been there once, but it was the best sushi I've ever had. There's not another place around that really comes close.

7. Tex_Volfan.

Tex_Volfan. Only Mod Approved Posts

When I lived there, everyone went to the old city. Wasn't much going on downtown that I knew of. Glad this thread was started though. Plannng on staying at the Holiday in Downtown for the LSU game. Nice to have some bars within walking distance.

8. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

My usual pregame day routine...film at 2 or 3p Friday afternoon...quick nap at the Crowne....a bite at Soccer Taco....over to the DTG&B to throw a few back...then close Pres Pub.

9. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

A lot of that itinerary looks strangely familiar.

10. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Names have been withheld to protect the innocent...and the Wolfman.