Marquette Game

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Dec 1, 2014.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I didn't watch or really keep up.

For those that did watch, did we look as bad as it seems?

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yes. We looked awful. Turnovers and a ton of missed assignments.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Defense. We don't have it.

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Considering Hat didn't do an evaluation of the game, it must have sucked pretty bad.

5. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

The lack of ballhandlers and size really limits this team.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I listened to Bob, so I couldn't tell if it was as bad as it sounded.

7. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Considering we practice against zone defense every day, I'm baffled as to why we look so inept trying to attack a zone in a game. The turning point of the game was when Wojo switched out of man and went zone.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

we have wing guys trying to play point, and a ragtag group of guys assembled as best as can be at the last minute, as well

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Then, for all you know, Tulsa was beating McNeese State by a score of 17 to Draw Four in the 7th quarter of an intramural
    soccer match.

10. Tenacious D

And, for the record, this basketball season simply doesn't exist for me. I have no awareness of it, whatsoever.

Sincerely,
    Tenny D

Co-signed, 90% of casual UT Hoops fans

11. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I try to be a bit more than a casual fan but this is a fracking weird situation. A first year coach who may not see his second, with that cloud hovering over a cobbled together roster. I'm finding it difficult to make much of an investment. However, if this whole mess with UT basketball somehow ends the Dave Hart tenure, I'll probably look back on this season with fondness.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Can't stop laughing at this.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

Marquette had 2 dudes named Wilson. It was brutal

14. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I'm in the 90%

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

That Duane Wilson character played my old high school (which also has my cousin's husband as an assistant) in the Wisconsin state championship and broke open that game in the fourth quarter with a big flurry of points, ending our shot at a perfect season. Then, this dude drops 30 against my Vols yesterday. I can't get away from him. I hope the Badgers wear them out.

16. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

No worries Wisky will kick their ass.

17. Tenacious D

I don't say this but as anything other than a pure and pathetic fact - I have no idea that they played, couldn't tell you when their next game is and couldn't name a player outside of the holdovers if my life depended on it.

It's for all of the reasons you named.

My disdain for Hart is well and widely known, but damn, you've got to come out and say something in the way of support for the guy, don't you? Just as a decent human being? Someone who cares about selling tickets?

18. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

By as many as they choose to. That is the worst Marquette team since the end of the Mike Deane era.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

And the best Wisconsin team I've ever seen.

20. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Wilson picks up the dribble. Wilson drives for an uncontested layup. It is blocked.