Gator Bowl Predictions

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Dick Huffman, Jan 1, 2015.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

You mean after we were up 21-0?

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I knew, on paper, Tennessee was a lot more talented. I didn't think it was going to be a 42-7 ass kicking before the walkons went in

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm holding my balls in my hand and have my middle finger up on the other hand at you, and I say, suck a bag of pingas.

4. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Please do you and us a favor and just stay over at VN with those of your persuasion. If they are what you consider right minded, I'm even more happy to be here with the other misfits. Just for the record, I expected to win. I have to say to be honest with myself, some of you were a bit out of touch with the quality of Iowa football.

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Uhhh I was the ONLY one that predicted us to beat UGA, and I outlined where and why I saw us winning.

6. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

**** you.
    **** your 'true fan' bullshit
    and **** whatever retarded content that you and your 'VolFerLyle' buddies put out

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

We were more talented than several L's this season. I predicted a loss because the way we regressed in November against below average opponents.

8. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Who besides Florida and Missouri?

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

How much did we beat Vandy by?

10. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I didn't know we lost to Vandy?

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Not that you need another team to back my point, but UGA.

12. kidbourbon

My thoughts on the Iowa game were similar to Tar's. I didn't rule out the possibility of a close game, but (a) I definitely thought we would win and cover, and (b) I thought there was a pretty good chance we would win pretty handily.

13. kidbourbon

I would argue that "several" requires more than two.

I don't think we were more talented than UGA this season. We will be next season.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I said the day we were picked to play Iowa that we should beat them handily. I stopped short of saying we would. One series on offense and defense was all the confirmation needed. Kentucky could have named their score against those guys. Horrible.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Those mid 90s teams that snuck my Vandy really sucked imo.

16. CardinalVol

Agreed.

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I guess I struck a nerve with Vandy. 2-9 Vandy is a powerhouse I guess, my apologies.

18. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Extremely relevant point. Kudos

19. kidbourbon

Your point about Vandy isn't wrong. We should have beaten them worse. But we also shouldn't have beaten Kentucky as bad as we did. You can expect a game or two where you play above your level, and a game or two where you play below your level. So long as you still win the game in the game you play below your average level, I don't know that you dwell on it too too much. Don't get me wrong, MOV is not something to be ignored -- the only reason a team doesn't win by 40 every game is because they can't win by 40 every game. And so while all wins and losses aren't created equal -- despite what you might hear from the Ricky Bobby crowd -- at the end of the day it's still a win. You still take it.

Anyway, you're basically saying or implying that the level UT played at against Vandy was evidence that Iowa might beat us. But what about the other data points?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  20. CardinalVol

I just think the we barely beat a bad team argument is a poor one.

I guess beating 10 win sc in 2013 means they were a good team too.